Thread: Winmx Help

Hi I've just started using winmx and I'm getting incredibly slow speeds. Is it since the files I'm downloading are so rare (320 bit), that I was unable to reset my firewall (not admin on comp so can't touch the setttings) or that there's something I'm missing?

Right now the speeds are maxing out at a whopping 2.6kkb, usually going at like 0.3 so if you could please help that would be great!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Generally, in current times, whenever a problem exists tha follows the equation DLspeed=slow, it's just the way p2p is. If you're looking for stuff as rare as what you've got, there's not too much you can do. Welcome to p2p under fire.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I had the same problem with WinMX

The problem could be that you might not be sharing enough files. Theres a Win MX monitor that can be used with Win MX that disconnects anyone sharing less than a certain number of files, or discriminates against their connection type, depending on how a user choses to configure the program

anyway, once i put all of my stuff up to share i havent had any problems, although some of queues are ridiculously huge, but nonetheless WinMX for me is the best P2P around