Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Heat Question

BANNED
    Ok, another computer has a problem:

I tried AIDA32 on it, and I noticed that the CPU (a P4 3.06) is runing at 72-73ºC

Ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    open it up, and check it, it seems bery hot.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thats really high! maybe thermal paste dried up? possibly
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    again make sure that the fan is spinning on the heatsink and if not replace it, if it is then get some thermal paste for it and remove the heatsink then clean and apply some. that is if you are incharge of these computers, if they arent your business then why would you care?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@19 February 2004 - 03:07
    if they arent your business then why would you care?
    coz he cant play his games at work, thats why

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@18 February 2004 - 20:07
    again make sure that the fan is spinning on the heatsink and if not replace it, if it is then get some thermal paste for it and remove the heatsink then clean and apply some. that is if you are incharge of these computers, if they arent your business then why would you care?
    Lol. I'm not allowed to open them....well not yet. If I talk to my boss, I'm sure he'll give me the go.

Yes I'm kinda in charge of the computers (?) because it's a LAN Center

Then again, yes I care because the computers are what run the biz

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by DWk+18 February 2004 - 22:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 18 February 2004 - 22:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@18 February 2004 - 20:07
    Lol. I&#39;m not allowed to open them....well not yet. If I talk to my boss, I&#39;m sure he&#39;ll give me the go.

Yes I&#39;m kinda in charge of the computers (?) because it&#39;s a LAN Center

Then again, yes I care because the computers are what run the biz [/b][/quote]
    i pictured it being an office where there are lots of people just sitting around doing accounting or something on the computers and a few play games and asked you for help with their overherating PCs and i was thinking you were just one of them that is just an employee.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Also make sure the fan is the right size. pentium 4 may look like a small processor but it needs a lot of cooling.

From my experience some people don&#39;t apply the thermal paste when they build a system, thinking its something they should throw away Until they get fried chips for their fish (fish and chips - popular food in the UK)
    Robert00000

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    if there are similar pcs in the pace, try running it on them too, see if they are the same temp

edit: fish&chips is good in scotland, in england they fry it with the skin still on.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Livy@18 February 2004 - 20:15
    if there are similar pcs in the pace, try running it on them too, see if they are the same temp
    Yep 16 that are the same. I&#39;ll run it tomorrow on 3 more, see what I get

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast