Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drive Letors

How can i change me hard drive and CD ROM Letors with out useing Partition Magic

Thanks For Your :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    What OS are you using?
    For XP: Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management. Action>All Tasks>Change Drive Letter Or Paths.
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i dont think u can change ur hdd letters, u can change optical drive letters though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanks and XP I will go try it now

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    you can change it for everything but the C: drive, well actually that can be changed but a lot of programs might get confused with the drive they are installed on.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I went to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management. Action>All Tasks> but it is not there i oley get to things to chos from send console message and contect to anuthere computer

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Night Ass@19 February 2004 - 02:50
    I went to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management. Action>All Tasks> but it is not there i oley get to things to chos from send console message and contect to anuthere computer
    Sorry, you have to double click on "Disk Management" first.
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    in computer management, look at the coloum down the left, the should be one sayign disk management, click on that one then in the lower half right click the drive, and change drive letter

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Night Ass@18 February 2004 - 22:50
    click disc management then right click the drive\partition you want to change teh letter of then click change drive letter and paths.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Thank You Guys I Think it worked i am just restarting my pc now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast