Thread: Ie Question

Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    If I wanted to go to http://www.planetfootball.com, I used to be able to just type planetfootball in the address bar and by hitting ctrl-enter it would automatically add the http://www. at the beginning and the .com at the end.

That's stopped working for some reason, and I don't know why - I've not updated IE or anything that I know of. Is there a setting or something for this?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Hey mate,the only thing i could think it could be is "auto complete".But if it was working before,it should still be enabled.You could check thou,

At the top of ie window mate,tools,internet options,content.

Other than that you could go to add remove programs,on the left windows components then uninstall /reinstall ie

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Sweet, you've come through for me again

It was the web addresses part of auto complete, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe I did turn it off, I didn't know that's what it did.

Thanks again B)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Glad its solved. I use MyIE2, and you can customize autocomplete url addresses. So Ctrl+Enter bring .com, alt+enter adds .net and Shift+Enter adds .org and so on
    The power of plugins and engine itself is amazing.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    cool. Learned a new key combo&#33;

w00t

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by backlash@21 February 2004 - 19:15
    cool. Learned a new key combo&#33;

w00t
    Its weird, I&#39;ve been always using shortcuts to do things. Without keyboard would probably wont survive just with the mouse
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>