Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Someone Explain The Download

In overnet/edonkey .....

I know that the number before the slash is what it's currently downloading, and maybe the number on the right is the max of what it can download, as sometimes, they're both the same, while at others, the left is lower.

ex. Down: 15.5/15.5 or Down: 5.0/12.5

What does it mean, though, when the left is lower than the right? What's preventing it from downloading the same amount as the number on the right?

Also, sometimes I get a Down: 0/5.5 or something like that. Does that mean a 0 out of potentially 5.5 kB? Why didn't it download anything? It's been like this a lot of times today.

My connection does read Open.

Anyone know about this, or anything I might be doing to inadvertently prevent the edonkey from downloading?

Thanks.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Old Fella
    I believe the number on the right is just to show you what it has peaked at in the last few minutes. If you watch it for a bit you will see downloads runing along, with speed going up and down, and as speed drops figure on right comes down too.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    where on overnet do you see this??

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks for the replies.

It's on Edonkey, actually. Can't remember if Overnet uses the same status bar.

It's on the most bottom line, just above the windows START line.

It reads ....

{On Connected}{Razorback 2} Open Users {430080}{377996} Files {20754432}{322699177} Down: 7.5/10.5 Up: 5.5/5.5 Connections: 63/200

Have you ever tried using the hybrid E-donkey2000 which connects to both Overnet and an E-donkey server, Musleman? It might give you even more sources. Then again, I've seen your posts with your download speeds, so I guess speed isn't an issue.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    @kazaadude overnet is better then edonkey, even the makers would tell you that themselves.

ok i see where you are talking about but now i need to know which one of those are you asking about?? the download, upload, connections or which one??

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I was asking about the download one. No biggie, though. Just wanna know if there's what's preventing the number from the left from reaching the higher number on the right, and if there's something I could do about it. ex.

Down: 3.5/5.5

or worse

Down: 0.0/6.5

It's okay for most of the time, but sometimes, there are points where the left is 0 for quite a while, even though the right has a value. Not much of a problem, though.

The edonkey hybrid uses both the overnet and edonkey servers, so you're connected to both. Sometimes, if you can't connect to an e-donkey server, you would still be automatically connected to overnet. I guess the edonkey servers help when you don't have much bandwidth speed like my set-up. The problem with connecting to a donkey server is that if you try to download too many files at a time, you get kicked out of their server, as I've found out the hard way, hehe.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    This displays the current upload and download speeds (numbers to the left of the slash), and the client's best guess on your current maximum speeds in both directions (numbers to the right of the slash)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Thanks man.

I also found this link recently, that gives some general explanations for each part of the screen. For anyone who needs it .....

http://therookie.dyndns.org/Overnet/help/Help/General

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    lol dude if you want a good explaination of overnet and all its parts just visit kltforums i got some great visuals there just go here if you have not yet

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@20 February 2004 - 01:31
    @kazaadude overnet is better then edonkey, even the makers would tell you that themselves.
    the ONLY difference is the GUI
    they both connect to the same networks (ON without the option to disconnect, and ed2k with the option to disconnect) and have the same options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast