Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux Quiz

What is the four letter acronym commonly used to refer to a popular setup used to produce dynamic web content, and what does each letter stand for?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #82
    Poster
    DHTML?

Dynamic Hyper Text Markup Language?

If that's right I don't see what it has to do with linux...

That was just a guess

3. Software & Hardware   -   #83
    Sorry dude, its LAMP

Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP.

Im all out of questions for the moment, someone else will have to take over

4. Software & Hardware   -   #84
    Poster
    Hey! Thats what I was going to put too!

DHTML is 5 letters...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #85
    Poster
    ok this should be easy ( its late and im tired ) the question i have is really in to parts

most should know by now the pention linux developers have for acronyms to name there software, so my question is

what does SANE stand for and since you will most likely be using a TWAIN scanner with it, what does TWAIN stand for.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #86
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by ravendark@24 February 2004 - 04:37
    ok this should be easy ( its late and im tired ) the question i have is really in to parts

most should know by now the pention linux developers have for acronyms to name there software, so my question is

what does SANE stand for and since you will most likely be using a TWAIN scanner with it, what does TWAIN stand for.
    scanner access now easy

And TWAIN does not mean anything. It is not an acronym

7. Software & Hardware   -   #87
    Poster

Linux Quiz is back!

Question:

What does Tux stand for?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #88
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn+24 February 2004 - 15:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 24 February 2004 - 15:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ravendark@24 February 2004 - 04:37

scanner access now easy

And TWAIN does not mean anything. It is not an acronym [/b][/quote]
    i grant you that its not a true acronym, but the developer couldnt think of an interesting name for the project, so he named it, and i kid you not,

Thing
    Without
    An
    Interesting
    Name

just thought it would give someone a chuckle

9. Software & Hardware   -   #89
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by ravendark+24 February 2004 - 18:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ravendark &#064; 24 February 2004 - 18:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@24 February 2004 - 15:02
    <!--QuoteBegin-ravendark
    @24 February 2004 - 04:37

scanner access now easy

And TWAIN does not mean anything. It is not an acronym
    i grant you that its not a true acronym, but the developer couldnt think of an interesting name for the project, so he named it, and i kid you not,

Thing
    Without
    An
    Interesting
    Name

just thought it would give someone a chuckle[/b][/quote]
    The word TWAIN is from Kipling&#39;s "The Ballad of East and West" - "...and never the twain shall meet...", reflecting the difficulty, at the time, of connecting scanners and personal computers. It was up-cased to TWAIN to make it more distinctive. This led people to believe it was an acronym, and then to a contest to come up with an expansion. None were selected, but the entry "Technology Without An Interesting Name" continues to haunt the standard. "
    What is TWAIN an acronym for?

If you want to call it that. I suppose it makes a a little more sense

10. Software & Hardware   -   #90
    h1
    shn owns another fool again...

Tux stands for Torvald&#39;s UniX, which was originally a joke, then stuck.

Question: Write a shell script for csh which recreates the antiquated and lame "ping of death."

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast