Thread: Problem With Dvd Player/cd Writer

i've had this writer for about a year and never had a problem. It's from LG, a cd rewriter/dvd rom in one. lately, when i try to burn cd's, the file that gets burned, usually a movie file, is jerky and difficult to watch. also, verification after burning takes impossibly long, and even when trying to check the contents of the cd, it takes impossibly long to read it.

any suggestions, please?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    my guess is that the brand of cds you are using are either incompatible with your drive\drives or just plain crappy quality.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by hiya5150@19 February 2004 - 20:27
    i've had this writer for about a year and never had a problem. It's from LG, a cd rewriter/dvd rom in one. lately, when i try to burn cd's, the file that gets burned, usually a movie file, is jerky and difficult to watch. also, verification after burning takes impossibly long, and even when trying to check the contents of the cd, it takes impossibly long to read it.

any suggestions, please?
    are you doing anything else with the pc during the burning process?? are you burning more then 1 file at a time??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    doing nothing else during burning and only one file

do you think it's a hardware problem? would reinstalling the hardware help?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    if its your laser then you might just get a new one. but it could be the dvd/cd you are using. otherwise you need a new one. have you been using it as a folder to share on any p2p??