Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hdd Problem.

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@24 February 2004 - 18:43
    So do we just right click on the drive and click properties and then UNCHECK allow indexing? right..?
    yeah do that for both partitions then go to start>run>services.msc and find indexing service and disable it there too.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+24 February 2004 - 18:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 24 February 2004 - 18:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx@24 February 2004 - 18:43
    So do we just right click on the drive and click properties and then UNCHECK allow indexing? right..?
    yeah do that for both partitions then go to start>run>services.msc and find indexing service and disable it there too. [/b][/quote]
    in your sig it says winxp pro service pack 2. where did you get service pack 2 from?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    sp 2 is not available till june so no way hes got sp2 , maybe sp1a , but not 2

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Whats so special that they have to wait til june to release it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    i signed up for the beta on the www.betaplace.com website (actuallym it has a new url but using that one will redirect u to it). they picked me to beta it.

to prove it i can send you the express setup (~2.5mb) over msn messenger. add me [email protected]

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@26 February 2004 - 20:01
    i signed up for the beta on teh www.betaplace.com website.
    a beta for a service pack?

arent service packs just a bunch of bug fixes???

thats the most fucked up thing ive ever heard

but ur not lying, the sp2 beta thing checks out with microsoft

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by atiVidia+26 February 2004 - 20:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia @ 26 February 2004 - 20:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@26 February 2004 - 20:01
    i signed up for the beta on teh www.betaplace.com website.
    a beta for a service pack?

arent service packs just a bunch of bug fixes???

thats the most fucked up thing ive ever heard

but ur not lying, the sp2 beta thing checks out with microsoft [/b][/quote]
    thats what i thoguht but actually they have added new things such as a popup blocker in ie, new enhanced firewall and they made the wireless netowrk properties look neater. oh and windows updae is now v5.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    WTF its only 2.5 mb. Do you have to download other stuff after you install it?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by hi_what_is_up&#33;@26 February 2004 - 20:22
    WTF its only 2.5 mb. Do you have to download other stuff after you install it?
    teh express setup is 2.5mb becuase once u run it it checks to see what files it needs to download and downloads them then installs. when i use it i usually need to download 90mb while sp1 is installed.

if you use teh full install it is 250mb but you only have to download once so you can install right away if you have it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    get the new pc gamers issue, some guy had the exact same problem, i don&#39;t have it with me, but it involves installing sp1, and something with partition magic
    yeah.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12