Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: On Avg, How Long Does Overnet Take You?

I've been trying to download a 800 mb file for the past few days...I left it on for hours at certain times, like I'll leave it on for over 8 hours, then reset my comp, then leave it on all night till morning etc.

I am 94% done with this file but I left it on this morning and it was going 7 kb/s, with about 2 hours left or so, but when I came back 5-6 hours later, it stopped at the same spot it was basically at. I'm confused and frustrated because I've been trying to download all week almost.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    800mb probebly couple of hours depending on the files sources.

you are probebly queued or maybe that is all that is left of the file. click th "+" next to the file and see who has it, if they have all the file, and what is your queued #.

remember everytime you disconnect and reconnect overnet you loose your place in line of the queued

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    I usually download at 5kbps-70kbps on a 3mbps line (max dl = 400kbps)

uploading is usually at 15kbps-20kbps (max = about 25 kbps)

I dont know why but overnet usually uploads more then it downloads

but its way better then emule at least on overnet you can download rare files.. sometimes on emule it can take forever to get 10%

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by bball_1523@20 February 2004 - 23:15
    I've been trying to download a 800 mb file for the past few days...I left it on for hours at certain times, like I'll leave it on for over 8 hours, then reset my comp, then leave it on all night till morning etc.

I am 94% done with this file but I left it on this morning and it was going 7 kb/s, with about 2 hours left or so, but when I came back 5-6 hours later, it stopped at the same spot it was basically at. I'm confused and frustrated because I've been trying to download all week almost.
    its either what muscleman said, or you might be behind a firewall.

are you behind a router?
    Signature removed, please check the board rules

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I'm behind a router, but I opened every port for it to download, yet sometimes it tells me that I am behind a firewall. But then after a couple hours, the download starts up again but then it stops, and my download has been at 93-94% for almost 2 days

Is there anyway I can get my download done? I'm getting frustrated

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    if you are firewalled it does not effect your speed directly but what it does is, it does not allow you to connect to all possible sources thus making it harder for you to get the file. forward the ports that overnet uses not all the ports and check your firewall.

what kind of firewall do you have??

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I just have a router, and I opened every port. So it shouldn't be a problem. My router is a Siemens Speedstream 2604

What I've noticed is that I've downloaded 94% but the rest of the file is red. I heard red means incomplete and means I probably won't be able to download that file anymore on the network.

Is there anyway I can finish this download? I tried connected all the unfinished parts but the movie didn't even play LOL. I basically have wasted a few days.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by bball_1523@22 February 2004 - 01:46
    I just have a router, and I opened every port. So it shouldn't be a problem. My router is a Siemens Speedstream 2604

What I've noticed is that I've downloaded 94% but the rest of the file is red. I heard red means incomplete and means I probably won't be able to download that file anymore on the network.

Is there anyway I can finish this download? I tried connected all the unfinished parts but the movie didn't even play LOL. I basically have wasted a few days.
    no if its red then it means its not available on the network. try a different file or close and restart a few times in the next couple of days and see if you get the source/s for that last part, it has worked for me a few times.

other times you goto say ferk it and find a better one to pick next time

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    is there a speedup tool for overnet?

tralalala

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    where do I download overnet? E-Mule is extremely slow

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast