Thread: Microsoft Takes Legal Aim At Lindows, Realnetworks

SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) took its trademark injunction case against Lindows.com Inc. to Canada, arguing that the distributor of Linux-based desktop software was capitalizing on its Windows brand name, the two companies said on Friday.

The world's largest software maker, often embroiled in legal battles with competitors and known for a landmark antitrust case brought by the U.S. government, also filed legal rebuttals in an ongoing case with cross-town rival RealNetworks Inc. (RNWK.O: Quote, Profile, Research) , disputing its claims that Microsoft used its dominant position to unfairly promote its own competing software.

Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft argued that Lindows.com, which distributes a variant of the Linux operating system that can be copied and modified, chose its name in order to gain publicity from being associated with Microsoft's Windows operating system software, which runs on more than 90 percent of the world's personal computers.

...More & Source
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    I think microsoft is on the goofballs ©

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Look behind you, you may not see me, but I am there
    Has anyone here even tried Lindows before?
    Hmm, I am installing it atm, I will tell ya how I like it, lol

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Hunted@21 February 2004 - 22:22
    Has anyone here even tried Lindows before?
    Hmm, I am installing it atm, I will tell ya how I like it, lol
    No need to tell me how you like it. It will always suck to any true Linux user.

I suggest you stick with windows as it is better than Lindows

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn@21 February 2004 - 22:29
    No need to tell me how you like it. It will always suck to any true Linux user.

I suggest you stick with windows as it is better than Lindows
    True, Lindows is for wussies.