Thread: Whats The Best Avi To Mpg Converter

Whats the best avi to mpg converter. im going crazy with all this DVD burning crap. i cant burn one freaking movie to a dvd!!!!!! please for the love of god...help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Spam.
    TMPGEnc

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ok, I've tried TMPGEnc and when ever I pick the file I've desperately been trying to burn to a DVD for nearly a weak, it says it's unsupported or can't open. Is there something I can do about this, or do I just need another converter?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    if it says that, then it aint an avi file - so prob no converter will touch it

does it play ok?

open it in GSpot Codec info tool (in k-lite codec pack) and tell us what it says about it
    <insert signature here>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl2
    codec&#39;s or you don&#39;t have your vafpi settings correctly set
    read this https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...opic=93421&hl=

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I know it&#39;s AVI, because I can open it with DivX & AVI preview. Though I did have to download another audio codec. Something like tag 3128 or some four digit number close to that. I can&#39;t use GSpot because whenever I download the k-lite codec pack, it says it downloads at a speed like ten times faster than 56Ks should be able to (yes, I downloaded Kill Bill with a 56K which should pretty much explain why I&#39;m loosing my sanity). Then I&#39;ll double-click the self extract file and it won&#39;t do anything. Last of all, how do I know what my vafpi settings are supposed to be?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Ninja Monkey@21 February 2004 - 19:37
    I know it&#39;s AVI, because I can open it with DivX & AVI preview. Though I did have to download another audio codec. Something like tag 3128 or some four digit number close to that. I can&#39;t use GSpot because whenever I download the k-lite codec pack, it says it downloads at a speed like ten times faster than 56Ks should be able to (yes, I downloaded Kill Bill with a 56K which should pretty much explain why I&#39;m loosing my sanity). Then I&#39;ll double-click the self extract file and it won&#39;t do anything. Last of all, how do I know what my vafpi settings are supposed to be?
    Follow muchspl2&#39;s link. I don&#39;t know why so many people ignore links

EDIT: corrected spelling
    Robert00000

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I checked out the link, and matched all the vafpi settings. But it still says File "yada-yada" can not open, or unsupported. Can you think of anything else I might be doing wrong?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    buggy codec&#39;s ide say. uninstall all your codec&#39;s (usualy from add remove) and restart and reapply klite or nemo codec packs either will work and it should fix the problem , by the way one of the best avi to mpeg dvd converters i have found is main concept eve , or pure motion edit studio

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    Its not a buggy codec mate ,althou it may work because it will set things back to default if hes played with settings.but it would be ok if we knew what codec it is.If you have divx goto the config settings and enable support generic mpe4 and make sure theres no tick by overlay extended mode.