Thread: Question

I know this isn't the correct room, but I did notice that if I use the other rooms (hardware, movie, etc) I don't get as much feedback so I wanted to use this room:

I just installed a new hard drive formy master drive. I kept my first hard drive for my slave. My question is now that I have 2 hard drives, will I have two registrys? Or will I have only one?
    If I install something on my slave, will I have to go into my slave drive to use it?

Also- How can I run 2 operating systems? I have Windows XP but the only time I can access my slave hard drive, I have to click on C drive to access the files.

Please help me with this!

Thank you in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    You can use a program called partition magic 8(easily found on kazaa )to make an exact copy of Everything on your old hard drive into your new one.then just switch the drives and you'll have your new master drive in place but I don't know jack #^%$ about installing multiple operating systems

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    You will have just one registry. XP doesn't care which drive happens to be master or slave. You can install programs wherever you want, the physical location doesn't interest XP, it will still register and execute it.
    If you are thinking about installing another operating system altogether (like Linux) the installer might already procure a so called dual boot loader. If you are thinking about running XP and 98 or something like that, please read the following thread:

Running several OS with XP

Hope this helps

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Sorry but we need starting to use the new rooms. People will find the ways in there. B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I guessed you would move it - but since it's concerning his OS, shouldn't it be in the software world?

or you could have deleted it, since he asked the same question in here as well, just found the other one

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by puremindmatters@6 March 2003 - 15:05
    I guessed you would move it - but since it's concerning his OS, shouldn't it be in the software world?

or you could have deleted it, since he asked the same question in here as well, just found the other one
    Damn dude- not to be rude or anything but what are you? Are you some kind of forum cop or something? Who gives a rats ass if I posted this question twice. It's not like I did it so I get 2 hits on my post count, I posted it the hardwareworld forum, I don't get credit in there.

I figure I would post my question in a different room so more people can reply. And look, 4 people replied oppose to 1 in the other room.

BTW- thanks for your help!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Check out BlackViper's site for lots of OS installation help'

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Yanks0826+6 March 2003 - 15:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Yanks0826 @ 6 March 2003 - 15:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--puremindmatters@6 March 2003 - 15:05
    I guessed you would move it - but since it&#39;s concerning his OS, shouldn&#39;t it be in the software world?

Damn dude- not to be rude or anything but what are you? Are you some kind of forum cop or something? Who gives a rats ass if I posted this question twice. It&#39;s not like I did it so I get 2 hits on my post count, I posted it the hardwareworld forum, I don&#39;t get credit in there.

I figure I would post my question in a different room so more people can reply. And look, 4 people replied oppose to 1 in the other room.

BTW- thanks for your help&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Nope mate, I just feel stupid if I answer something someone else has explained already - I didn&#39;t assume you were trying to boost up your post count, but quite a lot of people post the same question in different sections lately - and I would have answered your question in here as well, so I don&#39;t really see the point of double-posting.