Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nirvana

Have to say Lithium

2. Music   -   #22
    Polly ( Is that the right name? ) . I'm not sure if I understand right but isn't it about torturing a girl?? Nirvana were fairly mediocre and weren't that groundbreaking - Mudhoney and The Butthole Surfers were doing that sort of stuff years before!! And they have to be condemned for giving Courtney Love so much media attention. And they popularised "Junkie-Love" and Heroin Chic........Wankers!!
    Signature removed

3. Music   -   #23
    Poster
    IMO Nirvana were a good band BUT far too over rated and the Foo Fighters are a much better band.

4. Music   -   #24
    Originally posted by adthomp@9 April 2003 - 06:51

I agree and there music is so simple and easy i use to listen to them when i was growing up and then heard some REAL grunge bands like alice in chains Stone Temple Pilots Soundgarden Nirvana just got to comercial and i blame them for alot of the crappy bands
    adthomp,

u call Soundgarder, AICH, and all those bands REAL grunge?? U gotta be kidding me! Needless to say that Nirvana changed the fdace of rock n roll and shaped grunge. I was never able to listen to sHi* like Alice in Chains. Anyways. thats personal preference. But for the commercial stuff that u r atalking .. dont think so. Nevermind might have been a bit comm, but they gotta earn a living right? What about thei In Utero albutm. Was that too commercial for you And saying that their music is simple and easy??? Come on dude, simple and easy for what? PLaying? yes. they are easy to play So FUCKIN* what? thats the beauty of their music. Most of the people cannot understand Nirvana's music and it's message, therefore, I dont think its simple.
    Goshhhh, stop trashing about a band that has such a contribution to the rock in the 90's.

5. Music   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by KurtCocain+10 April 2003 - 14:58--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KurtCocain @ 10 April 2003 - 14:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--adthomp@9 April 2003 - 06:51

I agree and there music is so simple and easy i use to listen to them when i was growing up and then heard some REAL grunge bands like alice in chains Stone Temple Pilots Soundgarden Nirvana just got to comercial and i blame them for alot of the crappy bands
    adthomp,

u call Soundgarder, AICH, and all those bands REAL grunge?? U gotta be kidding me&#33; Needless to say that Nirvana changed the fdace of rock n roll and shaped grunge. I was never able to listen to sHi* like Alice in Chains. Anyways. thats personal preference. But for the commercial stuff that u r atalking .. dont think so. Nevermind might have been a bit comm, but they gotta earn a living right? What about thei In Utero albutm. Was that too commercial for you And saying that their music is simple and easy??? Come on dude, simple and easy for what? PLaying? yes. they are easy to play So FUCKIN* what? thats the beauty of their music. Most of the people cannot understand Nirvana&#39;s music and it&#39;s message, therefore, I dont think its simple.
    Goshhhh, stop trashing about a band that has such a contribution to the rock in the 90&#39;s. [/b][/quote]
    ....what about the comment i made???Nirvana never changed the face of rock&roll,what planet are you from??

As i said a good band BUT far to over rated and commercial to ever be a true grunge rock band..

Alot of their fame is based on the mystery that surrounded Mr Cobain&#39;s unfortunate death...

6. Music   -   #26
    Originally posted by N£MO@10 April 2003 - 15:13

Alot of their fame is based on the mystery that surrounded Mr Cobain&#39;s unfortunate death...
    U r killing me , man. So People listen to Nirvana, cuz Cobain is dead? Dont hink so. People liked the sound. People who were growing up after Kurt&#39;s suicide may have paid attention to that but overall, why do poeple listen to nirvana - cuz of the music, dude. they are not overrated. not at all. And kurt never wanted to be famous, he just wanted to play his musci and give the energy to the audience. Peopel wh odont understand his music are the ones who commercialized it and listen to Smells like .. only . Their problem...

7. Music   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by KurtCocain+10 April 2003 - 15:26--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KurtCocain @ 10 April 2003 - 15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--N£MO@10 April 2003 - 15:13

U r killing me , man. So People listen to Nirvana, cuz Cobain is dead? Dont hink so. People liked the sound. People who were growing up after Kurt&#39;s suicide may have paid attention to that but overall, why do poeple listen to nirvana - cuz of the music, dude. they are not overrated. not at all. And kurt never wanted to be famous, he just wanted to play his musci and give the energy to the audience. Peopel wh odont understand his music are the ones who commercialized it and listen to Smells like .. only . Their problem... [/b][/quote]
    No i didnt say people listen to nirvana because kurts dead..i said

Yes people listen to Nirvana because of the music,im a nirvana fan so what your saying is crap about reading between the lines and not understanding his music,i understand it fine.
    What is there to understand about &#39;rape me&#39; and &#39;polly&#39;,i play a couple of their tunes of the guitar and simple riffs and not that great lyrics.Nirvana were in an era where it was popular to be outspoken and a bit risky lyrically,that was their attraction for me...they were so different at the time.
    Kurt was wild and developed a cult following after his death that has made him more famous then his music deserved.

8. Music   -   #28
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    oooo don&#39;t u fuckers get me started.....

in case you guys are blind, Nirvana DID change rock forever......
    where have you been????

Kurt played cause he loved music, not to be famous&#33;&#33;&#33;
    You think he gave a fuck about being famous??
    Jeez, when everyone else wanted fame, he went in the complete oppostie direction.......

and more than anything, he was one of the most humble people ever......

some may not like his music, and that is their opinion.....they have a right to it.....but don&#39;t go bagging on somebody else/s music just cause u don&#39;t like it......

all u have to say is "personally i don&#39;t like it...."......you don&#39;t see anybody else baggin on other bands???

yes, many people become obsessed with Nirvana for a number of reasons...
    I like Nirvana, but I&#39;m not about to go kill myself (though there still IS still some controversy about that...) cause he did or do something else stupid....

that&#39;s MY opinion.....

and my fav Nirvana song is "Heart Shaped Box"

9. Music   -   #29
    none

10. Music   -   #30
    I bought Bleach the day it came out. Negative Creep was my fav off that album.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast