Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ram And Front Bus, Mobo

Poster
    thinking of upgrading my xp2100 to a xp2600 ( all my mobo can handle). but also my mobo only can handle pc 2100 ram so if i cant upgrade my ram any higher i will lose the fsb? also i have a ak32a shuttle mobo ... is this mobo crap or what ...should i jus get a new mobo altogether iam also running 768 ram 1 256 stick and a 512
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    hmm...a new mobo might make things easier Cuz then you could get a barton or w/e....but

Your board supports PC2100 which is 266Mhz, which is the same as your CPU you would be getting...so it would work fine.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Your XP2600+ ( either Tbred OR Barton core) will easily go beyond a FSB of 200, so the RAM will be your limiting factor.
    Since you would like to run your RAM and the chip synchronous and you can't go beyond PC2100 with your current board, you might want to change that also.

Certain boards ( my Asus, for instance) will allow the multiplier to be unlocked with software...a handy feature if you plan on OCing this rig.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Clocker! Hey we got the same board I believe...A7N8X. What software will allow me to unlock my multiplier? cuz my CPU runs like 45 full load..so i could get it faster i think..just wana change the multiplier cuz i dont wana mess up my ram. I had my FSB at 210 which was 2310 and my memory at 420 and it seemed to kidna get wierd so i droped it....whats the software tho?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@21 February 2004 - 17:35
    Clocker!  Hey we got the same board I believe...A7N8X.  What software will allow me to unlock my multiplier? cuz my CPU runs like 45 full load..so i could get it faster i think..just wana change the multiplier cuz i dont wana mess up my ram.  I had my FSB at 210 which was 2310 and my memory at 420 and it seemed to kidna get wierd so i droped it....whats the software tho?
    In my understanding, you only need the unlocking software if you can't actually change the fsb. As you have the A7N8X, the board comes unlocked, thus you don't need the software
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Well I can change the FSB, but i wana change my multiplier so i can go up more haha

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    BigDawg, the board should have already done this automatically.
    Don't you have options listed in your multiplier menu?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@21 February 2004 - 17:43
    Well I can change the FSB, but i wana change my multiplier so i can go up more haha
    Perhaps I should just go back to sleep :">
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    should i jus go with a 2400xp or 2500xp..... that 2600xp would be a waste of money then?
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    if this mbo is garbage some 1 got any suggestions for me for a good cheap mobo say in the $100 US range hell maybe even $50 seeing i want a new cpu ...the 1 i stated above

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast