Thread: Desert Combat

I really enjoy Battlefield 1942 but the Desert Combat add on has me a little disappointed.

It's not the weapons, that part I like.

I just find it is not in the same spirit of the original game.

The American Flag game loader and the Americans(oops, COALITION) replacing all the other teams.

I guess if I was a really patriotic American I would think it's the greatest thing since apple pie, but alas I am just a humble CANUCK.

Is this the future of the game now, or will Battlefield Vietnam go back to the older style, with authentic armies and weaponry?

Am I alone here?

OVV

2. Games   -   #2
    for those of us who dont understand pig-mee slang or 'amercan' as some peole, call it what the hell is a CANUCK anyway?

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Don&#39;t you know, America is the best country in the world and they <s>want</s> demand everyone else thinks the same.

On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Games   -   #4
    over here in the UK the way Tony Blair is running things he either wants us to do what he does (shove are heads up bush&#39;s ass) or to go bomb some arab bedause we cant prononce his name.

let me quote mr blair:
    Yassaa Artifat
    its Arafat u wank stain&#33;

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by 4th gen@21 February 2004 - 12:49
    Don&#39;t you know, America is the best country in the world and they <s>want</s> demand everyone else thinks the same.

you know we are and we know we are. or we&#39;ll invade and/or hiroshima your ass. and have you screamin :helpsmile:

6. Games   -   #6
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by Pitbul+22 February 2004 - 01:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 22 February 2004 - 01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen@21 February 2004 - 12:49

you know we are and we know we are. or we&#39;ll invade and/or hiroshima your ass. and have you screamin :helpsmile: [/b][/quote]
    I vote this to be the &#39;Most Stupid Post Of The Year 2004&#39; award.

Congratulations.

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by Samurai+21 February 2004 - 22:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Samurai @ 21 February 2004 - 22:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Pitbul@22 February 2004 - 01:02
    <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen
    @21 February 2004 - 12:49

you know we are and we know we are. or we&#39;ll invade and/or hiroshima your ass. and have you screamin :helpsmile:
    I vote this to be the &#39;Most Stupid Post Of The Year 2004&#39; award.

Congratulations. [/b][/quote]
    I second that&#33;
    2 Votes for Most Stupid Post&#33;
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

8. Games   -   #8
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    This thread stinks...but uhh. Yes we Americans are rich and selfish, therefore, we can have anything we want. It&#39;s just the way the world turns . It&#39;s one of those unexplainable phenomenons. You know what, I think I&#39;m going to go get me a wendy&#39;s hamburger and fries, then have sex with my wife, then I&#39;m going to walmart to buy me some cigerettes then some more vodka for my bloody marry&#39;s.

Of course I&#39;m bullshitting, its late and I&#39;m tired. Besides, desert combat is a mod. If some dude wants to make it american&#39;s he can. What is the big deal anyway? It doesn&#39;t matter to me who I play as in any game. I don&#39;t care if I am playing some big 500 pound black chick as max payne, if she can keep her ass in the air during shoot dodging, she&#39;s my bitch

I think I will go get me a wendy&#39;s burger, night guys .