Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In My Opinion

Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Originally posted by 4th gen@21 February 2004 - 23:14
    Before humans, did 1+1=2?
    Yes, that is just a representation for it, however it is not that simple. It does not work for the very big, the very small, the very fast or the very slow. It is just a convenience of Newtonian physics. It works for the vast bulk of what we experience (though it is not entirely accurate) so we just accept it.

2 bodies traveling towards each other at 90% of the speed of light, their relative speed is not 180% of the speed of light.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Originally posted by 4th gen@21 February 2004 - 21:45
    Yesterday, TC, Lamsey and I were having a discussion. One leg of the discussion was based around a pool table. I stated that although the cloth of the table appeared to me to be red in colour, I could (if I wished), argue that the table was actually blue, or green, or a cat etc. Thus, in my opinion, I would be correct, even if I were in direct contradiction with the popular opinion.

Another point was made around immaculate conception. Lamsey and TC both argued that immaculate conception was impossible, I argued that it was possible until it could be disproved. At this point, and this point only, would immaculate conception become impossible. I thought that until something is proven impossible, it is possible. TC and Lamsey argued that until it was proved impossible, it was unknown.

Discuss
    My discussion would pretty much be ....in a nutshell....summing up.......

I never want to play pool with you guys :helpsmile:

3. Lounge   -   #23
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    I move my horsey to f1

4. Lounge   -   #24
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Agrajag@21 February 2004 - 22:53
    He is not blind in either eye boab, he has a condition which causes the eyes not to work together properly for some reason (which I don&#39;t understand) and as such has no depth of vision. His world, of sight, is 2 dimensional.
    It is probably some disease associated with the crossover area of the optic nerve which only allows only infinitesimal one sighted vision. This is too complicated for me at this time of the night. Or any time of the night.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123