Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In My Opinion

Poster
    Yesterday, TC, Lamsey and I were having a discussion. One leg of the discussion was based around a pool table. I stated that although the cloth of the table appeared to me to be red in colour, I could (if I wished), argue that the table was actually blue, or green, or a cat etc. Thus, in my opinion, I would be correct, even if I were in direct contradiction with the popular opinion.

Another point was made around immaculate conception. Lamsey and TC both argued that immaculate conception was impossible, I argued that it was possible until it could be disproved. At this point, and this point only, would immaculate conception become impossible. I thought that until something is proven impossible, it is possible. TC and Lamsey argued that until it was proved impossible, it was unknown.

Discuss
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    I have a friend who, because of an eye / brain condition sees in 2D. This is not a joke. The world he sees is 2 dimensional, is his reality any less valid than those of us who see it in 3D, not to him.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Agrajag@21 February 2004 - 20:48
    I have a friend who, because of an eye / brain condition sees in 2D. This is not a joke. The world he sees is 2 dimensional, is his reality any less valid than those of us who see it in 3D, not to him.
    Relativity is more important than situation?
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Originally posted by 4th gen+21 February 2004 - 21:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 21 February 2004 - 21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agrajag@21 February 2004 - 20:48
    Relativity is more important than situation? [/b][/quote]
    Perception is more important than preconception, any scientist knows that.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Liam says you owe him a can of &#39;bru, Noob&#33;

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by 4th gen@21 February 2004 - 22:45
    Yesterday, TC, Lamsey and I were having a discussion. One leg of the discussion was based around a pool table. I stated that although the cloth of the table appeared to me to be red in colour, I could (if I wished), argue that the table was actually blue, or green, or a cat etc. Thus, in my opinion, I would be correct, even if I were in direct contradiction with the popular opinion.

You would be very hard to communicate with and I would certainly not let you pick up a red shirt for me, as you would bring back a cat.

Another point was made around immaculate conception. Lamsey and TC both argued that immaculate conception was impossible, I argued that it was possible until it could be disproved. At this point, and this point only, would immaculate conception become impossible. I thought that until something is proven impossible, it is possible. TC and Lamsey argued that until it was proved impossible, it was unknown.

Discuss&nbsp;

From a purely biologic perspective:

Parthenogenesis occurs in lower plants and invertebrates and involves reproduction by development of an unfertilized egg.

This is essentially what cloners are doing, stimlating eggs to cause them to divide without fertilization.

Being female, there is no way Jesus could be a male as Mary has no Y chromosome, unless Mary is a chimera.

As a backdrop, in Greek mythology when someone became pregnant (likely due to infidelity) they would claim that Zeus or some other God came down in the form of Golden Rain and seduced them.

I think Mary may have been taking lessons from them.

Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by hobbes@21 February 2004 - 22:17

As a backdrop, in Greek mythology when someone became pregnant (likely due to infidelity) they would claim that Zeus or some other God came down in the form of Golden Rain and seduced them.

I think Mary may have been taking lessons from them.

So....

Your saying Jesus may have been a Bastard...

B)

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@21 February 2004 - 21:01
    Liam says you owe him a can of &#39;bru, Noob&#33;

Tell Liam he can shove his can of Bru down his thrapple :-"
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    OK, another point, just popped up again.

I said that if I wanted to, I could say that 1+1 no longer was equal to 2, but infact, in my opinion, 1+1=3.

In my opinion, I&#39;m correct. In popular opinion (i.e. everyone who believes 1+1=2), I&#39;m wrong.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    well, i would go along with that....as i can demonstrate that dividing 12 by 2, does in fact equal 7.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast