Thread: Error Validating Crumb

i am download a program on overnet and after a certain amount of download i get this error message 'error validating crumb' what does that mean?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Run MetFileRegenerator on that download.

go here for that, you will need to have java to run it

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ok, i clicked on the link and downloaded what you said. i have then extracted the files but the file just remain as 'bare' icons if you know what i mean, when i click on them they dont open and a box pops up that 'do you want windows to find how to open these files on the web'. i have obviously done something wrong. i have checked my add or remove programs and i have java runtime enviroment se 1.42

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    well i don't belive that the file is complete, overnet is going to replace the corrupt parts then complete it when its done

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    you were right about overnet sorting out the corrupt files. i woke up this morning and found that the file had fully downloaded. thank you 4 ur help

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by the mask@22 February 2004 - 09:15
    you were right about overnet sorting out the corrupt files. i woke up this morning and found that the file had fully downloaded. thank you 4 ur help
    no problem boss have you been to the kltforums yet?? if not just hit my sig there is plenty of info there for you