Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overclocking Guide

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by HCT@22 February 2004 - 03:03

by your specs i see you overclock
    Yes, BigDawg is hardly an impartial source...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    One thing that guide has overlooked - make sure you have the latest bios version.

Now running XP2500 at 2200MHz (XP3200 equivalent) and so far it seems stable.

Just need to watch the temps though, currently 20C Mobo, 49C cpu (full load) with stock HSF. As long as it stays like that I'm not too worried, though I'll try another HSF to see if that helps.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    BANNED
    I'm going to get some more ram next pay day and give my newish soltek a stretch.I wasnt going to bother with this one ,just leave it and get things done.I have a northbridge cooler coming soon ,so that i'll help.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    BANNED
    Shes pretty cool anyway ,thats near enough full load.The encode has been running afew hours. This babys gonna go abit i think.

Image Resized
    [img]http://mysite.freeserve.com/nhawk/hey.GIF' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by ck-uk@22 February 2004 - 13:01
    Shes pretty cool anyway ,thats near enough full load.The encode has been running afew hours. This babys gonna go abit i think.

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://mysite.freeserve.com/nhawk/hey.GIF' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    man, GIFs are crap quality, use jpeg next time...but those temps are good, you should be able to voerclock pretty well with some good ram.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    BANNED
    You can see it so its pretty good imo mate.

Yeah mate she will overclock good,and i have good ram ,just not what i want.Anyway when i'm doing it i'll keep uptodate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12