Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prepaid Cellphones

i need a prepaid cell phone does anyone know how this actually works?i am new to this type of cell phone.is there anyway to get a free phone without having to buy the phone at full price then sending in the rebate?any info would help.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    The only way you're going to get a free mobile (cell phone) would be to sign up to a contract. Pre-pay phones are, well exactly that. Pre pay. It's how the phone companies make their money.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    There's tons of places to get a pre-paid phone. Even 7-11 sells them.

Try AT&T, Cingular, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile....

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    I had Freeup thru verizon for 2 years, but just recently awitched over to virgin mobile..... so far I like the service alot better... but yeah, you can get em almost anywhere

5. Lounge   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Pre paid is bad news unless you only use your phone a few times a month. You are better off getting a free phone with a contract. You may even get free nights and weekends if you shop around like shn B)

6. Lounge   -   #6
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    tracfone do deals for about $40 for a nokia phone pre payed but you have to top up every couple of months (credit or not) or you lose the number.
    The thing about pre paid in the USA is that we pay for "air time usage" so you use up credit even if someone calls you. The UK could certainly teach the states a thing or two about good customer service when it comes to wireless but i was dissapointed when virgin started here that they didn't operate as the UK does with "pay as you go" they could have stolen the whole market. Range isn't that good with some companies either here

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    One tip

if you have pre pay

if on any occasion you find out that your phone company is down
    eg: you cant submit the numbers to load your phone - remember the time and for how long its down(the longer the better).
    then send them a sad story of desperation-stuck in the country unable to call to get picked up\missed plane etc\important bznzz meeting lost etc

they have sent me a whole wad (10) of cards as compensation each time(with an apology).....3 times
    seriously

8. Lounge   -   #8
    muchspl2
    I've had plenty of prepaid phones and they are ok.
    I was hoping for this to be about unlocking and spoofing minuets
    anyone know if it can be done without a card/reader writer mines busted

9. Lounge   -   #9
    but is there any where you could get the phone for free and all you have to pay for is the cards?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Here you go
    verified hash

File: Nokia GLX5300.mass
    Length: 365144064 Bytes, 356586KB
    UUHash: =G+4n2vN1sbHbE+BvQLeQDpr1Ocx=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast