Thread: Download Speed Too Slow

i use kazaalite 2.4.3 with the default configurations after install(except for no of d/ls & u/ls).i have a LAN internet connection which normally gives me about 5 KB/s download speed while downloading with DAP.but on kazaa the maximum i get is barely 1KB/s.i have no firewall installed.ive tried KazaaFasterDownload but it does' nt help much.please help

in the options->kazaa lite k++ options->firewall->incoming ports the port no is 2128 ive heard kazaa uses port 1214.should i change it?also in options->kazaa lite k++ options->k++options tab the "disable port 1214" option is checked what should i do with it?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    first you need to understand this :

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps, if you have a router get kanat, and check your firewall and make sure its configed right

now as far as port goes i would leave it alone, dont' use 1214 because that is the one that gets scaned the most.

be patient ans use verified if you like i have more info on our fourm at kltforums, just hit my sig and there you can also find klite 2.4.4 which you should update

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    but different supernodes use different ports and in the options->kazaa lite k++ options->firewall->incoming ports the port no is 2128 wont that make a conflict?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by boogeyman@22 February 2004 - 03:19
    but different supernodes use different ports and in the options->kazaa lite k++ options->firewall->incoming ports the port no is 2128 wont that make a conflict?
    no that is just the port that, that supernode is using to communitcate with you all, once you have the dat file and it stores the sources ip and port and changing supernodes will not make any difference to a file being downloaded, except that it might find more connectable sources