Thread: Another Bandwidth Question

I know a question was posted earlier about bandwidth, but I had a different type of question. First I've noticed that when I download video, it usually goes back and forth from about 1 to 3 kbs but when someone is downloading from me, their kbs is around 15 to 16 kbs. Under options, advanced you can change the bandwidth of exchanged files. Does this just concern files that are downloaded from me? I'm just curious if I lower the amount so that the downloads from me are not as fast, will my uploads increase?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Glacophane@22 February 2004 - 02:49
    I know a question was posted earlier about bandwidth, but I had a different type of question. First I've noticed that when I download video, it usually goes back and forth from about 1 to 3 kbs but when someone is downloading from me, their kbs is around 15 to 16 kbs. Under options, advanced you can change the bandwidth of exchanged files. Does this just concern files that are downloaded from me? I'm just curious if I lower the amount so that the downloads from me are not as fast, will my uploads increase?
    i'm not quiet clear what you are asking but if you have a small uplaod it could eat your download, what is your internet speed downlaod/upload ??

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Sorry I wasnt very clear. I'll try again. Under options you can go to the advanced tab and it says "Maximum bandwidth to be used for transferring files to other K++ users." It was set at 128 and I thought about lowering it because someone was uploading a video file from me and it was 15.0 kps. However when I'm downloading a file mine usually fluctuates between 1.0 and 3.0 kps. I have it set to only allow one upload at a time. I just thought that the "maximum bandwidth" referred to just the uploaded files and if such, if I changed it to a smaller amount, it would free up bandwidth for faster downloads. I also did a bandwidth test and it recorded mine was 945 kbs. But I think that was just download, Im not sure what my upload is. I have a cable internet connection.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    go here take the test and see what your speeds are make sure you are not using any other programs that use bandwidth.

once you see what your upload is divid that by 8 and you get your upload speed.

no in klite don't set the upload speed to all you have leave a bit off for example if your upload speed is 30KB then in klite put 24KB