Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Download Movies

BANNED
    ok boss now we are getting closer to the root of the problem.

first of all if you are firewalled then you can't connect to all the available sources, and that can lead to slower speed.

so now lets see are you behind a router??

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    I m usin ADSL for ma internet connection.

I have disabled my firewall ( BTW its a hardware firewall) and i still see firewalled beside connected, this is how i try to disable the firewall:

- went into control pannel.
    - clicked on network/ internet connection.
    - then network connection.
    - right clicked on the type of connection i m runnin and went into properties.
    - clicked on Advanced, uncheck the option for: Protect my computer and network by liminting or preventing access to this computer from the internet.

This is wad i did, i know there's somethin wrong dat's why i still FIREWALLED.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    BANNED
    lol every body makes this mistake and i can understand why.

in overnet firewalled is not always your software firewall, your router is a hard firewall, if you have one.

you say you have a hard firewall but you have disabled it, well it might not be enough

please go to options>network> here you will see the 2 ports overnet uses please forward or open those 2 ports in your hard firewall because its mostlikely that, which is making you firewalled

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Originally posted by sameer0807@23 February 2004 - 07:30

I have disabled my firewall ( BTW its a hardware firewall) and i still see firewalled beside connected, this is how i try to disable the firewall:

- clicked on Advanced, uncheck the option for: Protect my computer and network by liminting or preventing access to this computer from the internet.

This is wad i did, i know there's somethin wrong dat's why i still FIREWALLED.
    It's sounds like your using a router, so your have to forward the ports in you router that overnet uses.....

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by junkyardking+23 February 2004 - 08:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking @ 23 February 2004 - 08:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sameer0807@23 February 2004 - 07:30

This is wad i did, i know there&#39;s somethin wrong dat&#39;s why i still FIREWALLED.
    It&#39;s sounds like your using a router, so your have to forward the ports in you router that overnet uses..... [/b][/quote]
    Could ya plz explain dat to me in details, i don&#39;t know how to forward port&#33;&#33;

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 07:36
    lol every body makes this mistake and i can understand why.

in overnet firewalled is not always your software firewall, your router is a hard firewall, if you have one.

you say you have a hard firewall but you have disabled it, well it might not be enough

please go to options>network> here you will see the 2 ports overnet uses please forward or open those 2 ports in your hard firewall because its mostlikely that, which is making you firewalled
    Ok this is wad i did, control pannel--&#62;internet/ network connection--&#62; Network connections--&#62;
    and then this is wad i see:
    Local area connection ( this is the one em usin for my internet ) and it says SiS 900- Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter.

I m kinda noob in networkin world, any help would be great&#33;&#33;&#33;

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    BANNED
    that is your os firewall boss, what is your hardware firewall??

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by sameer0807@23 February 2004 - 14:45
    Greetings,

I m tryin to download couple of movies from overnet lite, but it seems dat it is takin forever.

It is still lookin for peeps to connect for more then 26 hours, and da download hasn&#39;t been even began.

BTW i m tryin to download:
    - Paycheck
    - Pirates of the Carribean

it&#39;s super duper slow&#33;&#33;&#33;
    that doesn&#39;t surprise me emule overnet all of them are all crap&#33;&#33; and when it does actually start to download normally tops about 3k

the key is to leave eit open for a month

oh and BTW can you not talk in AOL language

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 08:41
    and where can i find my hardware firewall ??

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    BANNED
    Originally posted by sameer0807+23 February 2004 - 04:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sameer0807 @ 23 February 2004 - 04:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 08:41
    and where can i find my hardware firewall ?? [/b][/quote]
    lol i dont know boss you said your firewall is hardware

@adster check out the screenshots of mine and others in ed2k forum there is nothing slow about nor did it take a month lol i downlaoded lotr part 3 which was 3 cds under 5 hours

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast