Thread: Sound Card

what would happen if i connect 9 speakers and 2 subwoofers to a 7.1 hercules fortissimo 3

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    What are you expecting to happen?!
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    im guerssing music would come out of the speakers and you would be unhappy becuase you were expecting something else.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i was thinking i would fry my sound card

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    No it wouldn't.
    Your speaker systems are externally powered.
    Your sound card is merely providing a signal which the speaker's amp then works with.

The sound card has no idea, and couldn't care less, how many speakers you hook to it.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    omg why would you bother, get a real surround system and watch it on a tv lol, much better picture , besides how many movies are in 7.1 ? not many at all, ( except a few in the usa ) , like most of the world we are lucky to get 6.1 movies

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    speaking of which:

anyone have the latest issue of maximumPC? they reviewed a speakerset from an almost unknown company, and they sed it was comparable to one of their "kickass products"...

until both the satellites blew a fuse and literally started to smoke. the error wasnt a defect either! it was with ALL speakers from the brand!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Maximum PC hasnt sent me 3 magazines in a row, I have to keep calling them...I dont know whats up lol
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum