Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Is It True?

  1. #1
    Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    US with nukes (its a joke)
    Posts
    37
    now i use overet all the time, is it possable that i can be sued? i dont want to be in deep shit for d/l inuyasha lotr and few games. pls i dont want to worrie about this all the time.

    btw im sry if this is nOObish but i kinda want to know. thx in advance (btw ill still be using it while we speak)
    Image Resized


    this is what it looks like to have HIGH ID and not be firewalled

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    just dont download anything copyrighted.....imagine all the fun.

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by MvM@22 February 2004 - 17:19
    now i use overet all the time, is it possable that i can be sued? i dont want to be in deep shit for d/l inuyasha lotr and few games. pls i dont want to worrie about this all the time.

    btw im sry if this is nOObish but i kinda want to know. thx in advance (btw ill still be using it while we speak)
    any network at any time can be watched

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    The best you can do is click the option not allowing people to see your files, use a program like peerguadian htttp://www.peerguardian.net or protowall http://www.bluetack.co.uk/pw.html which both block ip addresses of known p2p enemys, protowall is a little harder to install but blocks far better and uses alot less resources, if you do choose to use them update the block list regularly....

    You can also use the converter http://www.bluetack.co.uk to put the list into a firewall like kerio, zonealarm but as the ip address ranges are not perfect they sometimes block websites and you can have difficulty removing/altering the offending range...


    They are not 100%, but people who use them seem to report alot less copyright infringement emails....

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    i would not use peerguardian if i was you, they have ranges in there that should not be there and you endup blocking people you don't want to block. also there is no way to block any group specially riaa with something like that, the ip ranges they use are why to many for people to know and block and they can be easily changed.

    in reality thinking you can block riaa with something like peergaurdian is a joke

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 04:34
    i would not use peerguardian if i was you, they have ranges in there that should not be there and you endup blocking people you don't want to block. also there is no way to block any group specially riaa with something like that, the ip ranges they use are why to many for people to know and block and they can be easily changed.

    in reality thinking you can block riaa with something like peergaurdian is a joke
    Well you might say that, but from what i see people that use the blocklists dont seem to get caught as much if at all compared to people not using them....

    Also IP addresses arnt cheap even for the RIAA, so to keep changing them and/or leasing them costs money...

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    you must be joking, let me tell you right now boss for your own protection and knowledge:

    there is not ip blocker that can save you from any group what so ever, never ever belive that and fall for that, i'm only one person and peerguardian won't stop me from connecting to you.

    so be smart and don't fall for that crap. we used the ipblocker to block the crappy sources in klite not to protect ourselves from riaa.

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 09:06
    you must be joking, let me tell you right now boss for your own protection and knowledge:

    there is not ip blocker that can save you from any group what so ever, never ever belive that and fall for that, i'm only one person and peerguardian won't stop me from connecting to you.

    so be smart and don't fall for that crap. we used the ipblocker to block the crappy sources in klite not to protect ourselves from riaa.
    I dont know what your talking about, i never said it was one hundred percent but isnt it proof that if it mostly blocks fakes distributed by the likes of mediadefender then the blocklist works, and these are the same companys that scan for copyright material yet by your logic they would be changing IP address every five minutes making the kazza/peerguardian blocklist useless but its not useless because they dont change ip every five minutes.......

    I bet you'll find that blocklist users get far less copyright infringement notices than non users.
    It's not perfect but it's better than nothing,....

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    ok boss i warned you, i'm sharing info with you as a friend i'm not trying to argue with you. ipblocker being used as a device to stop riaa is equivalent of a small boat protecting you in a tidal waves or tsunamis.

    ask anybody that has been around and knows you can be safe from the riaa by the way of peerguardian.

    if you want to look at it as a safety then ya it provides you with 5% safety

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,233
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 04:45
    ok boss i warned you, i'm sharing info with you as a friend i'm not trying to argue with you. ipblocker being used as a device to stop riaa is equivalent of a small boat protecting you in a tidal waves or tsunamis.

    ask anybody that has been around and knows you can be safe from the riaa by the way of peerguardian.

    if you want to look at it as a safety then ya it provides you with 5% safety
    Your risk assessment lacks data.

    It is true we do not know how effective Peer Guardian's blocklist is.
    But circumstantial evidence suggests it is of SOME help, although by no means 100%.

    Just because we don't know all or even MOST of the hostiles ip ranges doesn't mean we shouldn't block the KNOWN hostile ip ranges.

    Cogent/PSI is on the 38.x.x.x ip block and are very anti-p2p, but they also host many big websites -- so blocking them in part is neccessary but often results in random websites being blocked.

    BayTSP and Pricewaterhouse Coopers are 2 purely anti-p2p corporations dedicated to detecting and documenting file-sharer activities. They should be blocked too.

    Many of these ranges have been confirmed, cross-checked, rechecked, and REPEATEDLY DETECTED in actual use on Kazaa, BitTorrent, E-Mule, Shareaza, and other file-sharing programs.

    You have given up without trying and recommend others to do the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •