Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Can You Justify This

Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Closing threads which break no rules, then locking others which attempot to discuss it.

The Thread did not distort any rules. You mis-represent it, because no-one can check. It said that people could direct others to websites as long as they were not their own. He never mentioned Friends. He mentioned me directing people to a Street Artist's website saying that he enjoyed it. What has that to do with friends websites, it's to do with interesting ones.

The amount of flaming and crap that goes on here and you DELETE that. Please tell me what rule was broken. Or can you just delete anythijng you want, never mind the rules ?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    RF

What rule was broken, or even misrepresented ? People direct to othee sites of interest, it happens all the time. No-one mentioned friends or anything like it.

I have rarely seen threads deleted, no matter how bad they get. Why that one ? It was innocuous. In fact it was also correct as I understand the rules.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    11. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator via PM (Personal Message).
    Perhaps you could read the rules.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Jeez man, if you wanna discuss something with the mods PM them!
    The lounge is here to have fun, not to complain at the mods for doing their jobs.
    Starting repeat threads isn't gonna help your case either!

*mouse wanders off to prod FuNkY CaPrIcOrN*

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Agrajag,

As explained before...

We dont really mind you "taking the piss" of 7thElement's nick, however we have to draw the line if that is in conjunction with commenting on Rules.

Some people will get confused, and think the Admin are saying this.

Sorry, i'll post this here too.

If you'd posted that thread under your own nick, there would be no problem.

If you use the 7thElephant one though, we will probably close or move any post that appears to interpret the rules etc.

This is to stop some members thinking that its Admin speaking...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@22 February 2004 - 22:14
    Jeez man, if you wanna discuss something with the mods PM them!
    The lounge is here to have fun, not to complain at the mods for doing their jobs.
    Starting repeat threads isn't gonna help your case either!

He wasn't doing his job. the thread broke no rule that I am aware of. So he had no right to delete it.

I will not just sit back and let someone make it up as they go along. I don't care what is good for my case, the action was wrong, heavy-handed and censorship of the worst type. It does not matter that it is only an internet forum, the principal is universal.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@22 February 2004 - 22:16
    Agrajag,

As explained before...

We dont really mind you "taking the piss" of 7thElement's nick, however we have to draw the line if that is in conjunction with commenting on Rules.

Some people will get confused, and think the Admin are saying this.

Sorry, i'll post this here too.

If you'd posted that thread under your own nick, there would be no problem.

If you use the 7thElephant one though, we will probably close or move any post that appears to interpret the rules etc.

This is to stop some members thinking that its Admin speaking...
    He deleted it.

In all your time here as a Mod, how many have you actually deleted.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Not many.

It hasnt been deleted though, its been moved.

If it helps your sensibilities, we can put it back in the lounge....however it will still be closed.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. Lounge   -   #9
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Originally posted by Agrajag+22 February 2004 - 23:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agrajag @ 22 February 2004 - 23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WeeMouse@22 February 2004 - 22:14
    Jeez man, if you wanna discuss something with the mods PM them&#33;
    Starting repeat threads isn&#39;t gonna help your case either&#33;

He wasn&#39;t doing his job. the thread broke no rule that I am aware of. So he had no right to delete it.

I will not just sit back and let someone make it up as they go along. I don&#39;t care what is good for my case, the action was wrong, heavy-handed and censorship of the worst type. It does not matter that it is only an internet forum, the principal is universal. [/b][/quote]
    Just PM the mod - or an entirely different mod to see if they think the right thing was done&#33;

Let the rest of us enjoy the lounge

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@22 February 2004 - 22:24
    Not many.

It hasnt been deleted though, its been moved.

If it helps your sensibilities, we can put it back in the lounge....however it will still be closed.
    It doesn&#39;t need put back, you know that is not the point. The action was disproportionate to what the percieved offence was. I believe in a similar circumstance you changed the word official to un-official.

The point was the heavy handed moderating of something which was quite obviously a joke and , as I said before, didn&#39;t actually break any rules. Surely even mods have to stick to them, isn&#39;t that the point of doing your job.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast