Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Will This Work?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+23 February 2004 - 21:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 23 February 2004 - 21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@23 February 2004 - 21:40
    I meant sell both the corsair ram and the samsung ram, and buy some pc4000 memory.

That should have a better chance of keeping you going for 3-4 years. Overclocking memory is not a good idea, it may be stable at the moment, but I can almost guarantee that won&#39;t be the case for long. You can remove the heat from the surface all you like, but there will be a weak spot somewhere and the high frequencies will seek it out,

Remember that processors are designed for very high frequencies. They may become unstable but they wont usually break down. Memory on the other hand is pretty much on the edge of stability at the frequencies used, it can and will break down if you abuse it.

In 20 years I can only remember a two processor failures out of hundreds (under normal use) but I have seen plenty of ram failures in the same period under the same conditions.
    so ur saying a pc4000 won&#39;t have these faults?

besides, i do have a 3 year warranty on this thing. and i&#39;m not ocing these samsung rams for a while. at least, not till i really need the extra speed [/b][/quote]
    it will have the faults but since you are running it at lower than 4000 speeds it will be fine.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@23 February 2004 - 21:51
    Ethical issues again.

You say you have a 3 year warranty on OCed RAM?
    i&#39;m not the only one. besides, i called them, and they told me that they&#39;ll still replace it if the ram is oced. mostly cuz they don&#39;t bother to check. i&#39;ve done it once already. the stupid tech guy told me that my ram was bad, when it was actually good.

wat&#39;s wrong with my ethical issues?

i remember a quote from some dude: "No one ever got rich being morally correct"

i don&#39;t live by that, but it&#39;s certainly a good point

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    But the rest of us have to pay for it?

Being rich is not the only goal in life.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@23 February 2004 - 22:09
    But the rest of us have to pay for it?

Being rich is not the only goal in life.
    pay for wat? i&#39;m not returning it. i&#39;m selling it to someone else. wats wrong in that? and its not like i&#39;m selling something broken and saying its brand new. the buyer would get good quality stuff.

wats wrong with that?
    and yea, of course &#036; isn&#39;t everything. i know.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I see you twist the meaning of things around.

I was talking about 3 year warranty on OCed RAM and you said:

i&#39;m not the only one. besides, i called them, and they told me that they&#39;ll still replace it if the ram is oced.
    When that OCed RAM fails and you return it under warranty then we all pay higher prices.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@23 February 2004 - 22:31

i&#39;m not the only one. besides, i called them, and they told me that they&#39;ll still replace it if the ram is oced.
    When that OCed RAM fails and you return it under warranty then we all pay higher prices.
    1. u don&#39;t exactly buy ram from ibuypower
    2. they send it back to the manufacturer, and they try to fix it, or just sell it refurb.

ok. this will turn out to be 1 of those neverending wars again. ok, i give up. i&#39;m an asshole.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+23 February 2004 - 20:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 23 February 2004 - 20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@23 February 2004 - 22:31

1. u don&#39;t exactly buy ram from ibuypower
    2. they send it back to the manufacturer, and they try to fix it, or just sell it refurb.

ok. this will turn out to be 1 of those neverending wars again. ok, i give up. i&#39;m an asshole. [/b][/quote]
    No, abu; you are just a kid. You&#39;ll learn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234