Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Back-up App

My computer recently got screwed up thanks to Nero Backitup.....so I was wondering, whats the best back-up app that wont give me any problems like Nero Backitup did??
    I made several folders into .rar files with WinRAR, but when I want to burn them to a CD-R, the size of the .rar is too big....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Norton Ghost 2004 does a good job. B)
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Triadcool@24 February 2004 - 01:30
    Norton Ghost 2004 does a good job. B)
    i second that although am using Norton Ghost 2003. Do not use nero backup "feature" or try compressing just your windows folder. Use a disk imaging (sometimes called disk "Ghosting" or "Cloning") software.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I got Ghost 2003 as well....dont know if its good though....never used it....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@24 February 2004 - 02:30
    I got Ghost 2003 as well....dont know if its good though....never used it....&nbsp;
    If you never used it then why do you even have it? That is weird

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Norton Ghost 2004 does a good job
    norton ghost 2004 isnt out yet ..b.c im dying to get it

and the bost backing up software and the most reliable is norton ghost
    u dont need to think twice when it comes to this .. i have using it for some years now ..
    good luck

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    this is my opinion

unless you are doing weird things like installing and uninstalling a lot or beta testing ect, your comp should be stable for a long time and you should backup your personel files often to cd anyway

thus the only reason to use backup or ghost would be if you need to restore your whole system

in my opinion, for the average user its just as easy to format and reinstall windows and just save files and stuff to cd

it maybe quicker to restore from a backup, but that backup would need to take up a lot of h/d space and preferably be on a seperate partition.

i know its a pain to reinstall all the software again, but most of the time a clean format cleans all the crap out anyway

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    QUOTE&nbsp;
    Norton Ghost 2004 does a good job

norton ghost 2004 isnt out yet ..b.c im dying to get it

and the bost backing up software and the most reliable is norton ghost
    u dont need to think twice when it comes to this .. i have using it for some years now ..
    good luck

Well I have the Norton Ghost that comes with Norton System Works 2004,are you sure Norton Ghost 2004 isnt out with nsw2004?
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by delphin460@24 February 2004 - 05:24
    it maybe quicker to restore from a backup, but that backup would need to take up a lot of h/d space and preferably be on a seperate partition.

i know its a pain to reinstall all the software again, but most of the time a clean format cleans all the crap out anyway
    A backup does not have to be on the h/d. It could be put on a CD/DVD or even on a diffrent computer. The point of having a HD backup is to save time and save yourself from the pain from reinstall all the software again. It takes about 5 min or so to restore a computer from a backup and you everything all installed and setup aready.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I use Symantec Ghost 8
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast