Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How Hard Will It Be?

  1. #1
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,503
    how hard will it be to oc a 9800 pro to the speeds of a 9800xt?

    i might put some as5 on the gpu to help the heat a bit.

    any feedback?

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shouldnt be to hard, as long as u have good air circulation in your case. i wouldnt even overclock that tho.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,503
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@23 February 2004 - 21:00
    shouldnt be to hard, as long as u have good air circulation in your case. i wouldnt even overclock that tho.
    y not?

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    cuz the 9800 pro will run all games out there at max quality @ 1600x1200 and 6x fsaa and 16x aniso without any problems. and plus, your not going to notice much of a difference overclocking the pro to xt speeds. if your gonna overclock it, you have to push it farther then that (maybe im just crazy).
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,833
    But to some people its all about benchmarks! haha

    I would try to use that new program someone posted on here that does it automaticly..its very good.

    Oh and to all the people who said you cant push powercolor very far..I think my card overclocked pretty nice B)
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,503
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@23 February 2004 - 21:14
    But to some people its all about benchmarks! haha

    I would try to use that new program someone posted on here that does it automaticly..its very good.

    Oh and to all the people who said you cant push powercolor very far..I think my card overclocked pretty nice B)
    my life doesn't revolve around fps. lol. but it would be nice to get higher scores. yea, i understand that the 9800 pro will play everything, but it won't hurt to oc rite?

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,052
    why overclock it when u aint gonna use it to its max, and just run the issue of maybe iverheating it and not having a graphics card, its not as its a slow card, its a 9600 which is a pretty high card.

    maybe in a few years when its getting slow for standards then,

    it makes more sense to overclock when things are coming to the end of there life to get a little more outta them.

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,503
    Originally posted by Livy@23 February 2004 - 22:06
    why overclock it when u aint gonna use it to its max, and just run the issue of maybe iverheating it and not having a graphics card, its not as its a slow card, its a 9600 which is a pretty high card.

    maybe in a few years when its getting slow for standards then,

    it makes more sense to overclock when things are coming to the end of there life to get a little more outta them.
    guess ur rite. looked at some reviews of the xt, and noticed bout 2-3 fps higher in most games and a few hundred points higher in benchies. not too much. guess i'll just oc when i need to

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •