Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: What If Sharman Goes Down?

  1. #1
    Seeing as it was Sharman themselves who brought down the Kazaa Lite sites and forced the K-lite developers to cease working on Kazaa Lite, plus it was Sharman who decided to develop version 2.6 to try to lock-out all the Kazaa Lite users ....

    Would it actually be beneficial for Sharman to go down? Maybe the developers could continue their great work on 2.43(4). Maybe everyone can switch back down to 2.43 versions, since just the same, 2.6 will no longer be developed.

    Funny, it's like Sharman helped the RIAA by trying to shut down K-lite, while the RIAA is actually helping K-lite by shutting down Sharman.

    What do you think?

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    my head hurts
    Signature removed, please check the board rules

  3. File Sharing   -   #3

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Yet to be determined
    Posts
    1,076
    I think with the destruction of Sharman will be the destruction of all of the KaZaA clones (Kazaa Lite, Resurrection, etc.) as the FastTrack network will explode with fake files, and RIAA agents on the loose.

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    a well
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,461
    Originally posted by NightStalker@24 February 2004 - 07:35
    I think with the destruction of Sharman will be the destruction of all of the KaZaA clones (Kazaa Lite, Resurrection, etc.) as the FastTrack network will explode with fake files, and RIAA agents on the loose.
    Isnt that whats already happening? And when is Sharman going down? Did I miss something?

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Yet to be determined
    Posts
    1,076
    Originally posted by Arm+24 February 2004 - 19:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm @ 24 February 2004 - 19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NightStalker@24 February 2004 - 07:35
    I think with the destruction of Sharman will be the destruction of all of the KaZaA clones (Kazaa Lite, Resurrection, etc.) as the FastTrack network will explode with fake files, and RIAA agents on the loose.
    Isnt that whats already happening? And when is Sharman going down? Did I miss something? [/b][/quote]
    Yes, but the shit hasn&#39;t hit the fan.. yet.

    Sharman is battling the RIAA in court...

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    875
    cant wait till sherman goes down&#33;&#33; but then all the stupid kazaa users (that r smart and know of other filesharing apps) will switch apps and bring over there loads of shitty files&#33;

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    77
    Resurection will change with its current updates. And Resurection is technically no longer a clone as like say Clean KMD is both k lite 2.6 and klr are completely different. klr continues to update ourselves so we stay in contact with the updates. This continued updating will keep us safe i believe. I still support the idea of a multi processing P2P client. That can channel through different networks.

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by Ricky_1146@25 February 2004 - 12:41
    Resurection will change with its current updates. And Resurection is technically no longer a clone as like say Clean KMD is both k lite 2.6 and klr are completely different. klr continues to update ourselves so we stay in contact with the updates. This continued updating will keep us safe i believe. I still support the idea of a multi processing P2P client. That can channel through different networks.
    emmm 2.6 version is not that different boss, they can connect to each other, only difference is right now klr has more uptions than 2.6.

    2.6 is still a test build. hand has tabbed searches( all you can do is search one at a time but save your search results.)

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by NightStalker+25 February 2004 - 00:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NightStalker @ 25 February 2004 - 00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Arm@24 February 2004 - 19:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-NightStalker
    @24 February 2004 - 07:35
    I think with the destruction of Sharman will be the destruction of all of the KaZaA clones (Kazaa Lite, Resurrection, etc.) as the FastTrack network will explode with fake files, and RIAA agents on the loose.

    Isnt that whats already happening? And when is Sharman going down? Did I miss something?
    Yes, but the shit hasn&#39;t hit the fan.. yet.

    Sharman is battling the RIAA in court... [/b][/quote]
    I agree with Arm; the fakes have been happening for quite some time already; there shouldn&#39;t be a sudden upsurge in fakes if Sharman goes down, because I don&#39;t think Sharman even cares about the fake files floating around. The main difference why the kazaa networks have more fakes than the donkey is due to the community. The donkey community seems to be more involved in reporting fakes. Also, because of the technology used, it&#39;s easier to spread around large, rare files.

    Kazaa is cool for fast downloads, but if it meets it&#39;s doom, I think it will be due to lack of selections.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •