Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emule Question, Help Please

I havn't posted before but i found this site when i was trying to get emule to work. i read a lot of topics, and finally got my router port forwarding going, and i get a high ID now. But whenever i click a ED2K link or search and download, i am in a q for a very long time and then if i get a download speed at all, it's usually less than 5. Is the queueing always like this and are dnload speeds always slow? or is this something i can somehow fix? help appreciated.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    That's the usual for emule, i use overnet alot faster speeds...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    wasnt expecting that answer at all who would have known? 100+ posts of people saying use overnet on emule question, and what are the chances there was gonna be another one!!! shock horror lol
    [SARCASM]Not me![/SARCASM]

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    lol if its the right answer what do you want us to say??? no stay with the one with all that mess?? not use the one that is easier and faster

overnet boss

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    the problem with that is i always return a firewalled message with overnet so its slow. any ideas how to get that one going? the method i used for emule doesnt seem to work.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    nevermind i got overnet to a high ID (used ports 4662 and 4665) but the download speed and queue are still ridiculously slow. can anything be done, or is this the way it is?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Well I'm using eMule and would have helped but it seems you have switched. Good luck

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    lol i have both, any help to make 1 of them go fast would be very appreciated!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by bollocked@25 February 2004 - 17:42
    lol i have both, any help to make 1 of them go fast would be very appreciated!
    ok first of all dont run them both at the same time, second be a little patient give the program atleast a week, you can always go back to emule.

how many files are you downlaoding?? what are you downlaoding?? what are your settings?? how much do you upload?? and how much do you share??

if you don't feel comfortable discussing this here feel free to pm me

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    With eMule I would say just be patient. Do not expect it to instantly download at good speeds (like K++). Leave it running overnight and check the speeds in the morning. Try downloading more than one file so there's a better chance of downloading something. You can also check the eMule documentation from the official site/forum for "tweaks" for your specific system (if you behind a router etc).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast