Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aborted Uploaders?

Musel... no, I just wanted to know if kazaa scans files like Driverguide before allowing other members to access uploads... that's about it...? I don't know what you mean about other networks, etc. I just wanted to find out why members uploads were being aborted once I signed back on and I wasn't sure if it was Norton or Kazaa causing a delay... Re the Files, I downloaded them from here from other members which I saved onto Cd's before I re-formatted both hard drives. I didn't want to lose them since most were movies and they take a long time to download. Then after reinstalling windows.. (at that time I still had Norton 2003) reinstalled that, etc. etc. When it was time for me to upgrade (Norton kinda gives you no choice) to Norton 2004... I did upgrade. At that time I did not re-install Kazaa yet. When I finally gotten around to reinstalling Kazaa.. I did it as I have done in the past. That was about 2 weeks ago I'd say... but I didn't pay much attention at that time, I just installed it and saved the installation it to my 2nd hard drive... which I had also done in the past and it worked fine,
    then, I used the cd's with the files that I downloaded from here previous, went up to options, clicked on files to share, etc. etc. Placed them back into my shared folder and didn't sign back in until yesterday. I now recall that usually Norton Internet Security normally PROMPTS you to permit access, block access etc... but it didn't
    when I installed Kazza... It didn't concern me at the time... I just wanted to get all my programs reinstalled into my computer again. Then yesterday, I signed into Kazaa and that's when I noticed that my files weren't showing in Kazaa's "My Shared" folder except for one, and that was the Kazaa's 243(?) installation folder. So I searched my 2nd hard drive, found that strangely placed(?) "shared folder" with the files, cut and pasted them to where they should've went. Then I was able to acess them from "My Shared Folder". That's never happened to me before with any Kazaa installation or update. My downloads were always placed in the right shared file accessed by Kazaa.
    I wanted to download more movies, which I'm doing now, that's when I noticed other users were instantly aborted from uploading. That bothered me so I went back knowing it might have something to do with the new Norton... checked the firewall, etc. etc. I permitted access to klite.. to my shared folder, etc. Norton Antivirus also did a scan and prompted me that I had a "threat" of an adware program which I fixed, not fully reading what it was... Then Norton prompted me that it had a "problem", and I had to reinstall the whole program again which is a pain in the tail... because I purchased the download version and I need to go back into the site I purchased the download and wait for the program to fully download again. When the scan started it prompted me again... but knowing the problem I was having with Kazaa, I paid attention to what this "threat" was. It showed it as an "Adware" program, but attached to it was my "Roxio EZ CD Creator AND Kazaa!!!! This time I didn't fix it. I went into Roxio's site to find out more about it and it did mention that if you fix certain "threats" it will disfigure some .dll files.
    Then I went back into the Norton Firewall setting... clicked on "Advance" and double checked every Internet accessed program I have, including Kazaa.
    Now, to make a long story short Answer to your first question that I wasn't sure if Kazaa scans submitted files before members accessed them like DriverGuide does which could explain the delay in others uploading from me. The answer to the 2nd was I installed them into what I thought should've been the Kazaa's shared folder about two weeks ago but didn't check it at the time by clicking on the "My Shared Folder". All of the above is pretty much what I did step by step... I still think it has something to do with Norton Internet Security 2004.
    Hope this helps.
    Ann
    "Our greatest accomplishment in life is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    BANNED
    emmm that post is way to big for me boss.

kazaa scans our files and folders you have choosen to share first when you open klite then every how ever long you have set it too.

please downlaod and checkout the faq, if files are being aborted this can be normall.

other then that i dont' know what to tell you

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    You should hear my phone messages I leave

Thanks anyway... everything seems to be working fine now... I fixed something, I just don't know exactly how I did it!!
    Thanks again
    Ann
    "Our greatest accomplishment in life is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    BANNED
    lmao, phone messages ay, well maybe i shouldn't

glad it worked out boss

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    If you're uploading too fast and/or to too many people at once, then uploads WILL spontaneously disconnect -- often after getting only a couple KBs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12