Thread: Bt Problems

I have been trying to use BT for the last few days without any luck; right now I am using the ABC client. I set up port forwarding and I can get green downloads but the problem is that after about 10min of downloading my internet connection seems to shut off. I have DSL and a Linksys DSL router with built in switch. When I check the status of my connection on my routers status page it tells me that I am still connected but under internet IP address it just shows 0 and no address. When I try to go to a web page it won’t load. The only way I can get my internet back is to turn off my DSL modem turn it back on then restart my router. Once I do that everything works just fine. It happens every time I try to use bittorent no matter what client I use. The same thing happened with the Shadow client.

:helpsmile: :helpsmile:

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    No one knows what’s going wrong?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sounds like a network card or a modem issue, have you tried upgrading your modems firmware....

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    Are you trying to use infinite upload speed?

BT needs to be limited to only ~50-80% of your connection's upload max.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by junkyardking@25 February 2004 - 06:00
    Sounds like a network card or a modem issue, have you tried upgrading your modems firmware....
    you are correct
    http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#freeze

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Upgraded the routers firmwire and everything is working good now thanks for the help everyone