Thread: Generic Host Win 32

Poster
    hi im having some probs with my internet connection and various services that use it . i recently upgraded my sygate firewal to 5.5 and since then everytime i dial into the internet the generic host for win32 services tries to connect to ips belonging to IANA in the us ! why does it do this ? it hasnt before , this is a recent thing that i think has to do with the patchs from ms cause before i installed them this did not happen

should i block this or not ? oh another thing that sure is funny is that emule has probs connecting to port4662 and i get a low id - this is also a new prob maybe they have something in common ?
    Open your mind

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    your f/w settings might need adjusted
    i got 5.5 and no probs

check to make sure the windows f/w is disabled
    (the windows f/w is a real fecker for emule id's)

you can block generic host processes w/o any probs also
    at least i got it blocked, and dont have any probs

and i've had IANA ip's blocked before,
    also w/o any probs
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    ive now changed to an older build and i dont get the msg when connecting anymore

which sure is strange and xp firewall is turned off ( i checked it ) so that doesnt explain the low id
    Open your mind

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I have the same probe with my sygate 5.5 f/w. I just blocked that service that I always get attacks from it (it sux) and it is not usefull for me. You get the low ID from using win xp biuld in firewall or you have to allow SHAREAZA in advanced rules to connect throught any port (since I use rand ports each time). After I ddi that I never get lowid warnings(which effect downloads like helL)
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::