Thread: Return Of The King.chrakra Version

Poster
    im downloading the 4 cd chakra version of lotr.rotk. just noticed that each disc is 800+mb. i dont have a dvd burner, so is there any way to get each onto a cd so i can watch it on my standalone dvd player? i think the chakra versions are svcds, which my player can play, but if the max memory on cd is 720mb, im well and truly buggered!

any ideas, id be well grateful, would give someone my girlfriend for any useful suggestions!
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    The size of these files is probably misleading. Try to burn one on CD and see if it will burn.

The only reason i could think why its on 4 discs is probably because it will fit on each CD.

I&#39;ve burned 750 meg vcd files that only took 650 meg on the CD.
    Robert00000

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by newcombe6@25 February 2004 - 18:57
    im downloading the 4 cd chakra version of lotr.rotk. just noticed that each disc is 800+mb. i dont have a dvd burner, so is there any way to get each onto a cd so i can watch it on my standalone dvd player? i think the chakra versions are svcds, which my player can play, but if the max memory on cd is 720mb, im well and truly buggered&#33;

any ideas, id be well grateful, would give someone my girlfriend for any useful suggestions&#33;
    800mb svcd will burn to a 700mb cd...

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    cheers guys, would prefer to watch it in style on large screen tv like. its an amazing copy of the film by the way. much better than the vhs screener, no lip synch problems. been very impressed with what ive previewed. theres loads of peers on bt if people want it aswell

anyway, cheers for the advoce lads
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Where did you get the chrakra version newcombe6? I&#39;ve been looking for it but cant find it.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    i went to supernova.org, went to search (you get diverted to novasearch) and ran a search for return of the king. it can up with about 12 torrrents for the film and game, and the chakra version is in that list. theres loads of peers and seeds as well. hope that helps - use the guides on this forum if you need help with bt.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    to &#39;Dead Cartoon Fish&#39; (and any others)

ive actually found a better version of return of the king using mirc. its 3 cds, and the filename is &#39;return of the king.INTERNAL.AC3.TC.XVID.DIAMOND.AVI.cd1 (and cd2, cd3 obviously). it was reccomended to me by someone else on this forum, sorry casnt remember who. it is absolutely amazing, and would fool anyone into thinking it was a dvd rip. i would imagine that the chakra version are svcds or this one, so its probably easier to download this version dead cartoon fish. and if like me you find mirc confusing, there is an excellent guide in the mirc section of this forum, it has helped me a lot- and will probably only use mirc and k-lite from now on, the guide was that good and helpful.

hope that helps

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    That version is on Suprnova too.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Thanks for your help newcombe6. Looks like I&#39;ll get the DIAMOND version now. I downloaded the sample and it was OK, just thought the chrakra version might be better. But it&#39;s really big.....

I&#39;ll look into irc. Thanks again