Thread: Cd-re-writer

hi, i thought i bought a cd-rewriter and a dvd combo but i cant seem to burn anything using nero. i am new to all this burning stuff, so i might be doing somthing wrong. but before i go back to the shop screaming my head off that i have been given the wrong product, how can i find out if i do actually have a re-writer in my pc?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    does it have any writing on it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yes, 'dvd rom' thats all i can see on the drive when it opens

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    If you have nero installed ,goto nero tools ,info kit ,in the start menu .Read the info then mate it will tell you there everything.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ok, i have checked and i cant write. so what i want to know now is how much does a cd-rewriter and dvd combo cost in uk pounds. i paid £44- is that how much they are new?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    thats about right, u can get them each seprately for less than £20 each.

infact u can almost get dvd writers for that price now.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ok, thanks for the help, it seems that i have been skanked!! will have to go back to the shop!!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by the mask@24 February 2004 - 14:52
    ok, thanks for the help, it seems that i have been skanked!! will have to go back to the shop!!
    Before you go and look like a wanker! dowwnload this program

http://www.nero.com/us/download_nero.php?pak=1

Sorry reread your post should say right on the front cdr .Boy did you get ripped ! Give them shit And take the whole tower back to show them! Mabey an honest mistake But least they can do is install a proper one for you.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    ok, i went back to the shop and they replaced it immediately, no questions asked!
    i already have nero 6 on my pc but am having slight problems with it, there are no menus in my start menu, its all just in my program files etc. i have dragged an icon-shortcut onto my desktop but how do i get it to display as if i have just installed it, i mean all the shortcuts in my start menu etc

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    I have the same prob mate,the thing is i'm sure they was there the other day.And i dont normaly install shortcuts in the start menu on most programs ,so i'm definitely :confused: