Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: My New Overclock

you can pick up some muschin 2-3-3-6 ram pc3500 256mb sticks for about $70 a piece on newegg, sell your current stuff to a friend or on the internet and pick up some of that. shoulc get you closer... if not in the 2.4ghz range. maybe a little farther depending on stability & temperatures.

here is a pretty good little northbridge cooler, im getting one myself soon actually...
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....epa=1&section=3

@clocker... im getting results from peoples reveiws of stuff theyve managed with the thermalright heatsink. if u have decent cooling, and good ram the barton 2500+ has been pushed into the 2.5-2.6+ range with out to many difficulties. so bigdawg should be able to hit 2.5 without to many problems if he had a better heatsink/fan, and a better northbridge cooler. im not entirely sure where i got tyhe results from, but i know it was from a couple of different forums.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Gamer, read this.( about 1/4 down the page...MattMolson).

I agree that BigDawg may benefit from an aftermarket HS. Whether he could achieve the overclock he wants or not is debatable.
    My only objection here is the recommendation of the Thermalright heatsink as the be-all-end-all of cpu cooling.
    The OC forum is full of folks who have purchased it based on the wildly glowing reviews only to be disappointed.
    It IS a good unit, of that there is no doubt, but it's not better than several other sinks that are cheaper.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Then what is the best HS prob?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #54
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I don't know Dawg, I wish I did.

As you may remember, I've spent time badmouthing my Zalman, but haven't found anything that is appreciably better.
    Sure, there are sinks that might give me a 1-3° drop...but is that really worth spending another $50 on?
    I can get that by cranking up the Muffins some more...I typically have them running at about 1/3 speed now, just for the quiet.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #55
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@28 February 2004 - 12:05
    Then what is the best HS prob?
    i could be wrong, but i don't believe it's a hs that was recommended for ur cpu. i believe it was for ur chipset. u keep overclocking that will have some probs too...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Software & Hardware   -   #56
    well i recommended one for his cpu. but he will most likely benefit from having a better northbridge cooler, like the one i posted earlier.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #57
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@25 February 2004 - 18:38

I have overclocked my graphics card as you can see pretty good. Everytime I turn off my computer and turn it back on..it resets it...its iritating..Im using rage 3d...is this just something we have to do? Or is there a way I can make it stay?
    Big dawg:

If you already have Rage3d tweak installed, then:

type "msconfig" in the "run" box.

Make sure two entries are selected under startup:

1. RegTwk
    2. gameutil.exe

After you make sure that these two are indeed checked, then open up the Rage3d tab in the ATi control panel. Expand the Game Util tab. Check the "Apply OC at boot" box.

Now Rage3d will apply the overclock at boot.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456