Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My New Overclock

lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@26 February 2004 - 21:01
    Unless you want to fold faster.
    Or run games better.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Or get higher benchmarks

I have seen sites of where people HAVE unlocked them...why do you say they havnt?

I mean..my chip runs 46C FULL LOAD and 33C idle..those temps are awesome for a 500Mhz overclock..I could keep going...but my ram is 400Mhz..

Say I had awesome ram and had my FSB at 533Mhz, but the board only supports 400Mhz...what would this do to the board?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@26 February 2004 - 18:47
    Or get higher benchmarks

I have seen sites of where people HAVE unlocked them...why do you say they havnt?

I mean..my chip runs 46C FULL LOAD and 33C idle..those temps are awesome for a 500Mhz overclock..I could keep going...but my ram is 400Mhz..

Say I had awesome ram and had my FSB at 533Mhz, but the board only supports 400Mhz...what would this do to the board?
    feel your chipset to see how hot it is. i know your board doesnt have a fan but it has a large heatsync, maybe it would benefit from a fan being attached to it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@26 February 2004 - 22:47
    Or get higher benchmarks

They have indeed unlocked them with some of the earlier chips. But they have ALL been locked now unless you've managed to be lucky and get one of the ones that slipped through. The site I quoted explained it all, and they are supposed to be the experts on OCing.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    why not get better cooling for the chipset then, if it doesnt have a fan already, fit one. or a bigger heatsink on it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lynx@26 February 2004 - 16:32
    All the new chips except FX51 are locked, including Bartons, Durons and Thorougbreds. No-one has found ANY way to unlock them so far including wire tricks, jumping bridges etc.

Only processors made before week 35 of 2003 are unlocked. For about the next 7 weeks after that some were locked, some were unlocked. After that all were locked except for a few in week 46.

Source
    Wrong. I posted this info a bit ago.

People have found a way to modify the L5, or L6 bridges I believe, to make it show up as a Mobile barton, thus unlocking them, I believe.

And bigdawg, nice overclock, just make sure your not bouncing F@H Units.

Also, as for the multiplier thing, at 220FSB, you probably wouldnt be able to run 13x multiplier anyway, so its not that big of a deal that the processor is locked.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@26 February 2004 - 18:29
    People have found a way to modify the L5, or L6 bridges I believe, to make it show up as a Mobile barton, thus unlocking them, I believe.
    Thats what I thought too

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    lynx's Avatar .
    I decided my temps were a little high so I dropped back to [email protected] nominal (1.70V reported). This was about three hours ago.

Just checked the Folding log file and found that it hadn't been too stable at 2.26GHz anyway, so I suppose this is my limit. Can't say I'm too unhappy though.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    My F@H log looks great..no errors 2310Mhz I wish I could just unlock it tho..then I could prob get to 2.4

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@26 February 2004 - 16:41
    My F@H log looks great..no errors 2310Mhz I wish I could just unlock it tho..then I could prob get to 2.4
    Probably not with your lightly modified stock cooling...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast