Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discover

Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    DISCover

THE NEW SUPER PC CONSOLE......... and its partnered with ALIENWARE!!!

does it look good? is it worth buying?

2. Games   -   #2
    its no more than a glorefied xbox , just plays pc games

might be good for ppl with lots of pc games and are too lazy to turn on their pc

but you can compare it to alienware pc or any other top end pc at all

3. Games   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    old news i have posted about it long time ago

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Games   -   #4
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Heres the bottom line as far as I'm concerned...
    Originally posted by DISCover FAQ
    What is the expected price of the DISCover® going to be?
    The price of the first DISCover® console from Apex Digital will be $399.
    At least we won't have a long wait for the emulator.

5. Games   -   #5
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    wait but are the specs going to be good?

since alienware is helping out?

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    What are the approximate system specifications for the DISCover®?
    The specs will be whatever DISCover’s manufacturing partners’ want them to be. For example, The ApeXtreme, DISCover®'s unit from Apex Digital will feature minimum specifications as follows: 256 MB of memory, an discrete 3D graphics processor, 1.6 GHz Pentium-class processor and 40 GB hard drive. Higher-end systems will add higher performance processors, more memory, more robust graphics processors and, potentially, many additional features (like DVR, DVD-writer, wireless, etc.)
    What the hell is a "discrete 3D graphics processor" and "Pentium-class" processor?

Personally, I wouldn't touch this with a 10-foot pole. The whole thing relies on the availability an existence of their servers. If your internet connection is borked for a bit, you most likely can't play anything. Not only that, but if the company goes down, you're shit out of luck; you just got yourself a $400 paper-weight.

7. Games   -   #7
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@26 February 2004 - 04:50
    What are the approximate system specifications for the DISCover®?
    The specs will be whatever DISCover’s manufacturing partners’ want them to be. For example, The ApeXtreme, DISCover®'s unit from Apex Digital will feature minimum specifications as follows: 256 MB of memory, an discrete 3D graphics processor, 1.6 GHz Pentium-class processor and 40 GB hard drive. Higher-end systems will add higher performance processors, more memory, more robust graphics processors and, potentially, many additional features (like DVR, DVD-writer, wireless, etc.)
    What the hell is a "discrete 3D graphics processor" and "Pentium-class" processor?

Personally, I wouldn't touch this with a 10-foot pole. The whole thing relies on the availability an existence of their servers. If your internet connection is borked for a bit, you most likely can't play anything. Not only that, but if the company goes down, you're shit out of luck; you just got yourself a $400 paper-weight.

I believe you're thinking of the Phantom, which is supposed to play games without any discs or cartridges. It'll just download them from the internet.

DISCover (what an awful name :x ) is going to play PC games from a CD. I'm not even sure if they have an internet connection.

Either way I think they're both going to suck.

8. Games   -   #8
    yeah that "DISCover technology" sounds stupid to me.

So basically what it does is install the game to temp, when your finished with the game it deletes from temp ??

9. Games   -   #9
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    uuhhh, discover? all this is is the apextreme that's been out since NAM! they've just changed the name...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

10. Games   -   #10
    *Grunt*
    Another gimic to raise funds. This is basicly what all console manufactuers will be developing in years to come, well when I say years i mean like 2 or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast