Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Network Help Plz?

Hey i set up a network, and i can't do alot of things i used to be able to do, so how do u set up a network administrator, i have windowns XP, and one of the things i can't to is chat on line microphone(MNS)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    In your last post you said it was your mic that was the problem?
    Also try keeping all your related threads in one
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ok, sorry, i am kinda new, and it is my mic and some other things as well

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    well if your account is an administrator account then you are automatically a network admin.

do you have a firewall or is the xp firewall enabled? make sure they are off and try again.

if it still doesnt work then check your router configuration for any firewall options or see if it is blocking any connections.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I checked all the firewalls i could think off, (windows Xp, The one in wireless network connection proporties, and the software i have is off) so i can't think of any other reason, cause it worked fine before (when i had just the DSL modem with my computer)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    its most likely blocked ports in your router config. look at the manual and find out how to forward ports, then find out what ports need to be forwarded. or if tehre is an options somewhere to choose whether the router blocks all ports or only specified ones check off only specified ones, then dont enter any.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Okay, i got a SMC router and the only manual that came with it was just a setup thing, so i have no idea how to forward ports, can any one maybe point me in the right direction or should i try and phone the company and ask them for assistance?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Russian_kid7777@26 February 2004 - 18:43
    Okay, i got a SMC router and the only manual that came with it was just a setup thing, so i have no idea how to forward ports, can any one maybe point me in the right direction or should i try and phone the company and ask them for assistance?
    first try this and if it doesnt work call them.

go into internet explorer then type 192.168.0.1
    then if a username\password box comes up put in admin as username and dont type anything for password.
    in the screen that comes up find virtual server or something like that and if it is there then you can type in hte port number you need and you put your computers ip address.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    So, how do u find the port number, i am really srry for buging u with all these newb questions, but where else can i go , thank you

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    O yeh and when i trype that stuff in noting happens it says cannot find server

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast