Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Petri@1 March 2004 - 07:55
    Dammit... I was supposed to do it this morning... but when I woke up, I just knew that I couldn't. I'm seeing a therapist tomorrow, maybe he can help me... and I'm gonna ask for stronger medication...
    Petri....thank you!

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Poster
    Originally posted by TARPD+1 March 2004 - 14:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TARPD @ 1 March 2004 - 14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Petri@29 February 2004 - 15:59
    Sorry, you can&#39;t make me change my mind...

So, goodbye everyone...

I love you, Crystal... more than you&#39;ll ever know.
    i dont know who you are but that post sounds kinda selfish.

straighten your tie and face your problems man. we all have to do it sometimes [/b][/quote]
    yo step off son.

the guys had a hard time.. so slow your roll thinking you can just give your overly fag opinion.

give the guy a break.. he was just breakin out ..

all the people saying its selfish.. need to shuttup.
    <span style='color:red'>Eagle one, this is God in position.</span>

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by Knuckles187@1 March 2004 - 11:28
    yo step off son.

the guys had a hard time.. so slow your roll thinking you can just give your overly fag opinion.

Tommy hon, not everyone knows the details. That&#39;s all. Don&#39;t fret over it.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    It is selfish because your hurting other people in the process.

Should they do decide to pull the plug, who do you think they will be hurting more?

Themself or the people that cared about them?

Family and friends have to live with it...............the person who dies does not.

Whoever it is you should seek medical attention.

Statistics show that anti-depressants do work

And I do not know about anyone else but if someone is suicidal then what does it say to even be around them. They have let you know that they do not value their life and thus may not care about yours or the people around them.

If I am wrong then prove me wrong by not harming yourself whoever you are

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    It&#39;s all and good to try to support someone but only if they want to be supported.

Seek professional help.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    Poster
    Originally posted by NikkiD+1 March 2004 - 16:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 1 March 2004 - 16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Knuckles187@1 March 2004 - 11:28
    yo step off son.

Tommy hon, not everyone knows the details. That&#39;s all. Don&#39;t fret over it. [/b][/quote]
    /me bites nikki

grrr bloody abusive mods&#33;

drop in nik come talk to me.. lol

and yeah i know.. but its stupid.. to talk down to a guy on the edge..

and even after my post they carry on.

LAME

&#33;kb rofl
    <span style='color:red'>Eagle one, this is God in position.</span>

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    We lost a friend/family to suicide almost a year ago. No one knows why he did it, but we have all suffered as a consequence.

As far as I know, every last one of us has felt that what he did was the most selfish thing he could have done. He left several people feeling as if they were the cause of his act. One of which was his girlfriend who was only 18 at the time. She will be effected by this in more ways then I care to imagine for years to come and will probably never get completely over it.

If I had the chance to see him again, I wouldn&#39;t ask why(it doesn&#39;t really matter because for him there was no justification). But I would definately beat his ass for what he has done to every one of us.

The only reason I can accept for what he did would have been an incurrable illness that has left him with endless pain. That is the only valid reason in my eyes. His was just an act of pure selfishness. He took the easy way out for himself and goddamn everyone else.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Petri@1 March 2004 - 08:55
    Dammit... I was supposed to do it this morning... but when I woke up, I just knew that I couldn&#39;t. I&#39;m seeing a therapist tomorrow, maybe he can help me... and I&#39;m gonna ask for stronger medication...
    I&#39;m relieved you have reconsidered Petri

I only found out a year ago that I would have had another aunt (on my mother&#39;s side) if she didn&#39;t commit suicide when she was young Likewise, I almost lost my sister on two occasions after she cut her wrists twice while at university.

Add the fact that I&#39;ve lost a lot of people I&#39;ve known throughout my life via different things (Warrington Bombing cast a shadow over my high school even after a decade of it happening, terminal stomach cancer left my primary school Headteacher in a wheelchair barely able to breathe before he died, a college friend got hit by a car and died from internal bleeding, and I used to know Shafilea Ahmed), I was starting to think I was some kind of horrible jinx )

I&#39;m glad you&#39;re gonna stand and take what life has thrown at you. Hopefully, there&#39;ll be a time where whatever caused what happened will no longer cause you the distress it seemed to, and you&#39;ll see that life is greener on the other side (Damn - I&#39;m starting to sound like David )

SIDE NOTE - For anyone who cares though, my sister overcame her depression and now has two healthy daughters The younger sleeps like a drunk teenager and the older almost causes me and her grandparents to tear our hair out - So naturally like ordinary babies

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    Originally posted by Petri@1 March 2004 - 06:55
    Dammit... I was supposed to do it this morning... but when I woke up, I just knew that I couldn&#39;t. I&#39;m seeing a therapist tomorrow, maybe he can help me... and I&#39;m gonna ask for stronger medication...
    .........just as I was about to suggest this topic be made into a poll as well

Seriously though, glad you moving out of the woods on this and thinking more constructively

btw - allow a couple of weeks before any therapeutic stuff / medication kicks in - the answers arn&#39;t that quick but they&#39;ll come

edit - now go post something in the spam thread and chill out a little

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    internet.news
    The only real thing that help me if I am depressed and sad is enjoying life,
    remain opened even if it is hard and try to think a little positively.

Imagine being on a lone ideal island where no war is - everyone is friendly and
    opened the nice way

Just some thoughts...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast