Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overnet Question

Taking advice from muscle man im now using overnet lite, which is exactly 1million times better than what i was using before. But im havng rouble configuring it, not knowing anything about thius sort of thing. Im using dial up in the uk, and my speeds are (according to some tests) 28 800, 33.6 and 4.1, which i dont have a clue what any of that means. But how do i now configure the overnet lite to download the fastest and run the best? In fact, what else can i do to download the fastest, nd what can i expect a max download speed to be. Thanks for your help!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    well since you are on 56k the best you gonna see is about 7 or 8 i guess.

as far as configuring there is not much to configure but go here to the ed2k section under tips and tricks i have all kinds of info with visiuals for config

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Old Fella
    On 56k I reckon you'll average around 4, max at 5.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Ok, so im using the overnet, and there are these things in options, namely "network" and "proxy". I just want to know what, on a 56 dial up thingy, should i set, these settings to be. In other words tell me what number to put in the little boxes
    right now i have

Network: max dl speed "6"
    max ul speed "6"
    Line speed down "8"

max connections "45"
    TCPL port 4662
    UDP port 4665

Proxy: all blank or zero, the way it was when i downloaded ol.

Iv been tearing my hair out looking at help files, but its all so confusing! I just want to know how i can download the fastest and best, what settings just for download and what settings do i change to if i want to surf at the same time (people do still say "surf", right?)

Thank you all!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Old Fella
    Max DL Speed = 0
    Max Upload Speed = 3
    Line Speed Down = 0

Max Connections = 75

Leave the port numbers, and leave proxy settings as blank.

In advanced make sure Maximum sources per download = 0

That should do it.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by dk_rare@27 February 2004 - 16:42
    Ok, so im using the overnet, and there are these things in options, namely "network" and "proxy". I just want to know what, on a 56 dial up thingy, should i set, these settings to be. In other words tell me what number to put in the little boxes
    right now i have

Network: max dl speed "6"
    max ul speed "6"
    Line speed down "8"

max connections "45"
    TCPL port 4662
    UDP port 4665

Proxy: all blank or zero, the way it was when i downloaded ol.

Iv been tearing my hair out looking at help files, but its all so confusing! I just want to know how i can download the fastest and best, what settings just for download and what settings do i change to if i want to surf at the same time (people do still say "surf", right?)

Thank you all!
    i told you boss go here and i have all of them with screen shots

cyril make sure the person is using overnet lite or a loader. othrewise the upload=3 will set the download to 6

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    where can i download overnet lite?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    u go to hell and u die
    she's my baby.
    http://site.ifrance.com/aatelevision/La5/LaM46c.jpg
    Ecole Nationale de la Statistique et de l'Administration Economique

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    just dl Overnet from Overnet.com but don't download the other software that is optional bundles with it. Search for the loader when you get on the network and then dl it. Install it and run it from the loader.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by KaRlSeN@28 February 2004 - 07:55
    where can i download overnet lite?
    go here for overnet lite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast