Thread: What Is Wrong With My 800mb Cd?

hi guys, i just bought 3x 90minute cdrs each 790mb capacity according to the store, but when i inserted into my cdr drive nero indicated that it's only 703mb and i can't write over 700mb on it, but the cd does have labels indicating that it's 90+min cd, which is 800mb in capacity, i wonder if my cd-rom has trouble recognizing the extra capacity or what? it's a 24x10x40 and should be ok right?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    turn on overburn

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    If turning on overburn doesn't work (and it sometimes doesn't), go to your drive manufacturer's website and download the latest firmware. Newer firmwares often enable the burning of these discs, but not always - you may just be shit outta luck.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    muchspl2
    overburn is always on, but still not working in nero i placed 770mb of mp3 files on it and the darn thing just wont start saying disc capacity not enough. the 90min cdrs looks like has only 702mb space according to property under windows explorer, am i being scammed???

smrfette
    yea the problem is this, the label on the cd are actually just some black text around the cd hole, no manufacturer found~ , i bough them with .99 canadian plus tax i only bought 3, lucky i didnt buy much, i think i must have been scammed

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sometimes cd burners don't support 800mbs..that could be it
    yeah.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by zhelynd@27 February 2004 - 07:31
    muchspl2
    overburn is always on, but still not working in nero i placed 770mb of mp3 files on it and the darn thing just wont start saying disc capacity not enough. the 90min cdrs looks like has only 702mb space according to property under windows explorer, am i being scammed???

smrfette
    yea the problem is this, the label on the cd are actually just some black text around the cd hole, no manufacturer found~ , i bough them with .99 canadian plus tax i only bought 3, lucky i didnt buy much, i think i must have been scammed
    Did you buy them from dollar store or something? if so, I got a cd that says "700 MB" from one o' these dollar stores, when inserted in my cd drive, it says it's only"650MB". The stuff on the cover does not apply to the actual cd. It might say "reading speed 52x or something, but that is not true". The answer is YES we always get scammed. IMO Buy your cds from future shop or best buy. If the above does not apply 2 you, then nvm.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    Try burning with the "disc @once " option .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by zhelynd@27 February 2004 - 01:38
    hi guys, i just bought 3x 90minute cdrs each 790mb capacity according to the store, but when i inserted into my cdr drive nero indicated that it&#39;s only 703mb and i can&#39;t write over 700mb on it, but the cd does have labels indicating that it&#39;s 90+min cd, which is 800mb in capacity, i wonder if my cd-rom has trouble recognizing the extra capacity or what? it&#39;s a 24x10x40 and should be ok right?
    You have to change a few settings on nero, but I can&#39;t remember what.

I bought a 99 min (900 mb) disc about a year and a half ago and managed to get nero to recognise it all. The disk was infiniti brand, and their website gave instructions on how to configure nero.

Your best bet is to go to the disc manufacturer&#39;s website and get info on what to do.
    Robert00000