Thread: Kl K++cpu Usage

b4icu's Avatar Greater Demon
    Im using version 2.43 iirc and my processor is an AMD athlon 1.8 gz. every approx 45 seconds, K++ will max out my CPU at 100% for about 6-8 seconds. Seems a bit intensive for a filesharing program. but what is probably most perplexing is the fact that a month or 2 ago, it would spike at the same interval, but only hit 100% for a second or less. seems to be using more and more of my processor power the more i use it. I am sharing nearly 12,000 files now, more than the 6-7k i was before, could this account for this strange performance?

Does this sound like a software compatability issue to anyone? maybe something not related to kazaa somehow?

it wouldnt be a problem were it not for the stuttering and stalls when i am watching movies or listening to music or playing games. i want to leave K++ running at all time, but just cannot sometimes because of this. any clues?
    Never miss a good chance to shut up

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    give me more info boss, what is your os?? how much ram??

could be not enough ram

could be corrupt files, corrupt db folder or others. i have more info here if you like

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    yes that is not normal for kazaa to do that, give us more info on your comp and your share settings ect

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    b4icu's Avatar Greater Demon
    sorry, didnt think to include other data.

SYSTEM SPECS
    Presario 2100 (DC954A)
    Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1.2600
    AuthenticAMD ~1788 Mhz
    512 MB RAM
    37.25 GB Memory
    RADEON IGP 320 (64 MB)
    Conexant AC-Link Audio
    QSI CDRW/DVD SBW-241
    Never miss a good chance to shut up

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    h1
    You have too little RAM. 512MB is the Windows XP bare minimum.

For more help, click on MUSCLEMAN's link.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by haxor41789@28 February 2004 - 04:19
    You have too little RAM. 512MB is the Windows XP bare minimum.

For more help, click on MUSCLEMAN's link.
    Unless you're running 20 instances of K-Lite, 512MB is easily sufficient. I'd call 256MB a "bare minimum" when using XP
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by b4icu@26 February 2004 - 21:18
    I am sharing nearly 12,000 files now, more than the 6-7k i was before, could this account for this strange performance?
    Yes, it may -- what's more if you're allowing people to LIST all your shared files then that can cripple your uploads as well.

Even if you're not allowing others to list your files, supernodes routing searches through you no doubt are kept pretty busy sending you LOTS of invisible search requests. With 12,000 files, you probably have matches for all SORTS of searches. Consider that there may even be millions of people doing this at any given time, and if you have enough files that LOTS of people want they can almost shut your connection down via a "DDoS attack" of many people trying to download from you at once.