Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uninstalled Driver

hi, i have just uninstalled some type of driver from my 'add or rem' programs. i then restarted my pc and a small sign pops up saying found new h/w. right, i dont have these drivers on disk coz i dont even know what i have uninstalled, so i have gone to my device manager and there is a yellow question mark next to my printer (xerox) and next to pci communications controller, it does appear though that everything is still working fine. but how do i reinstall what i have just uninstalled-whatever that was

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    go to your printers manufacturer's site and they should have drivers on there
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    is that what i have uninstalled, my drivers for the printer, if so, the printer still prints

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by the mask@26 February 2004 - 14:12
    is that what i have uninstalled, my drivers for the printer, if so, the printer still prints
    right click they item with the yellow question makr in your device manager and say properties, then see what it says, if it says can not find drivers, then you must download the drivers for whatever item has the question mark
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ok, i had the disk for my printer, so i uninstalled all my printer stuff and then reinstalled it, but that was ok anyway, noe i have a yellow exclamation mark on top of the yellow question mark next to pci simple communication controller' what is this thing, how would i know where to get the drivers when i dont even know what this is.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Modem or networking card.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    this is the driver i uninstalled 'HSP56 MR Drivers' so i have gone on the net to try to reinstall it and it wont have it!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    erm

a ) You went to the net and found a driver?

If not, try http://www.modem-drivers.com/drivers/77/77868.htm

OR

b ) You have a driver, but are having problems installing it.

How To Install a New Driver from Device Manager
    1. Double-click the type of device you want to update or change.
    2. Right-click the specific device driver you want to update or change.
    3. Click Update Driver to open the Hardware Update Wizard. Follow the wizard instructions.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    what it is, before i originally uninstalled this driver, i had done a search for it on my pc, but that brought up no results, so i assumed it doesnt exist on my pc, and then uninstalled it from 'add or rem' programs-thats how i know which driver it is. i have tried to install this driver after d/l it using the methods you have stated, showing the location of the driver but the wizard cant seem to detect it

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    If it's an executable, you need to install it by clicking on the file.

When using device manager to update, specify the driver location rather than allowing the wizard to search.

If neither of these work, you probably have the wrong driver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast