Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardware World Is Getting Pretty Boring

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I REALLY like the chat room idea...somewhere were we can all go chat..perfect!
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    how about msn messenger, we'll all start a huge conversation with like 20+ people in it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Someone said this a while ago and I liked the idea. There should be a subforum or something with a kind of buy and sell place, where you can sell your old parts and maybe pick up something you've been looking for, I think it would have it's flaws like people lying and shit, but I think it's got potential
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@27 February 2004 - 09:43
    Someone said this a while ago and I liked the idea. There should be a subforum or something with a kind of buy and sell place, where you can sell your old parts and maybe pick up something you've been looking for, I think it would have it's flaws like people lying and shit, but I think it's got potential
    A for sale for trade forum would be an excellant idea, and it could work given a few things were followed *just naming things that make the FS/T forum at AMDMB work.

1. All buyers and sellers use an ISP email account. (To give an easy paper trail should someone try to rip someone off here, we have an ISP email account to use, and we could go from there trying to track somebody down.)

2. All prices are listed in the thread, so everyone knows what your asking.

3. No Warez or Pirated music, movies, software or games being sold.

4. People keep all their stuff for sale at any given time in one consise topic. (to stop congestion on the board)

5. No links to ebay auctions of their stuff being sold.

The FS/T forums are always a great idea, provided people follow those simple rules like those stated above. I would be all for it, and would be more than happy to get the ball rolling this, perhaps co mod it with a few other people.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Yup, I think it would definatly be worth giving a try! I've already got some stuff I could post on there!
    What's your junk is another persons treasure!
    It'd be good if people could refrain from posting "actual" junk though, that it is obvious nobody would want, like poor quality items.
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I think more people use AIM then MSN messanger...I would like to do that..that would be awesome.

Maybe like 2 times a month we could meet and chat or something...

The clocker idea wouldnt be too much fun for us i dont think lol
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    What!!???
    You don't find me endlessly entertaining?

Well...screw you guys, I'm going home....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    *Grunt*
    We need general disscusion about stuff, not just answering problems.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Thats the reason I suggested what I did. A weekly discussion about building different types of PC that could become a useful reference.

Shame it was ignored in favor of a cliquish chat meeting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12