Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What, When, Who, How...help

This is my case.
    I recently got ahold of a very old computer (166megahertz). On to this i installed windows 95. Then i went and tried to get Kazaa-Lite....After much searching i found kazaa download place and went about downloading a copy or two of KL (i couldn't get ressurection working). Now after downloading KL i tried to install....An error of some sort pops up, and i later find out that 2.4.4 needs IE4.0 or later to run. So i have been trying in vain for the last week to get ahold of an older copy of internet explorer (6.0 doesn't like win95), a task that i'm told might be impossible as microsoft no longer supports any version bar 6.0 and all the downloads of IE 5.5 or 4.0 work fine untill you try to install them, at which point in time they try to get info from microsoft, info that isn't there (This is what i'm assuming).

So now i ask, are there any versions of Kazaa-lite that work on Windows95 without Internet Explorer. If not, could you then list me the top three P2P programs apart from Kazaa-Lite.

Thanks for reading this, the problem is driving me crazy.

Sincerely
    Whiplash

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    emm i don't think klre and klite 2.4.x will work on 95 boss. have you tried klite 2.10??

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    2.10? Where would i find a copy of that, i looked over all the different versions on this site, none that i saw fit that description. Also, could you tell me a bit about the other P2P programs.

Thanks

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I looked over at the KDP site, there they say that K-lite will run on 95, but needs IE4? :helpsmile:

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Whipsaw@27 February 2004 - 03:29
    I looked over at the KDP site, there they say that K-lite will run on 95, but needs IE4? :helpsmile:
    kdp has no idea what they are talking about take a look at their fastrack help and you will see they are clueless, take a look at our own problem section here and you will see it in paul's old posts that 2.10 runs better on win95

here is v2.10 but i belive you will need ie still, try it

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thanks alot for the help musleman, i really appreciate it, however, i think my biggest problem would be getting a P2P program that doesn't need internet explorer. I'm taking a look over at shareaza, but i would be keen to know what you think is the best aswell. And to reiterate, do you know of any P2P programs that don't need IE, i just can't get it to work.

Thanks heaps for you time

Whiplash

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Whipsaw@27 February 2004 - 04:17
    Thanks alot for the help musleman, i really appreciate it, however, i think my biggest problem would be getting a P2P program that doesn't need internet explorer. I'm taking a look over at shareaza, but i would be keen to know what you think is the best aswell. And to reiterate, do you know of any P2P programs that don't need IE, i just can't get it to work.

Thanks heaps for you time

Whiplash
    emmm you got me there boss have you tried overnet??

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Yes, Yes, Yes

Kazaalite 2.10 installed....but

When trying to run the program i get an error message saying, "GETPROCADDRESS() FAILED"

If you could help me with this then i'll brand you a genius for ever more

By the way, thanks for reccomending 2.10

Whiplash

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    can you give me the full error message please

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Sorry to say it, but that is the full error message

GetProcAddress() failed

[There was a white cross against a red circlular background aswell, though i doubt that makes a diference, and there was the generic OK button aswell]

This is exactly what it looked like

Excuse the verbosity, i just don't want to miss ANYTHING

Hope this helps

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast