Thread: 5 Drives

right now i have a hard disk, a CD-rom, a CD writer and a DVD-rom installed in my PC. I am thinking of byuing a new HD. But cant think of how i am going to install it without sacrificing any of the CD/DVD-roms. is it possible? I have just IDE 1 and 2.
    sig removed.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    nope, unless you just swap between the dvd and cdrom when u have to, unless u go sata

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    click here and scroll down

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by Weedy@27 February 2004 - 06:49
    click here and scroll down
    dont pick raid from that list LOL

wait a sec... why not just make the drive external?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You could use a PCI based IDE controller card, although why you need three optical drives is beyond me.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    just remove your cd-rom, as it is the leaste needed drive, and the dvd-drive and cd-rw can read cd-roms anyway.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    dont forget also that if you do go with any of the options above you will prob need to upgrad your power supply too, or you might just find you aint got enough power to run it all, and start getting weird stuff happening on your pc

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by delphin460@27 February 2004 - 10:59
    dont forget also that if you do go with any of the options above you will prob need to upgrad your power supply too, or you might just find you aint got enough power to run it all, and start getting weird stuff happening on your pc
    Always something to keep in mind, but one drive doesnt usually put things over the limit. Not usually atleast.

But Aiz I would suggest like others have to get rid of the CD Rom alone. Both the DVD rom and CD writer can read CDs.........

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    My friend was in the same situation and gave me away the extra CDrom. I guess i'd have to do the same thing. THnx
    sig removed.