Thread: Swapgate

dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I was just wonding how swapgate was coming along. I got the beta, but there hasn't been any word since. Is it still coming along at a good pace, or has it slowed down a bit?
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    You can go to the SwapGate Forums for any news, and I think there might be a new version out maybe in a few days' time.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Howcome some servers refuse acces to SwapGate?
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Metallica concert, first row, i'm the one in the Napster shirt!
    The server software will block all unkown client signatures if that function is checked. Untill last week swapgate wasent added to the servers configuration.

Why servers block unkown signatures?
    Easy, clients such as drumbeat are leeching clients, they also have a function to report random client names, thus by default all unkown signatures are blocked.

Then there are also client restricted servers/networks , like winmx only networks etc.

Most servers should accept swapgate, cause a new server version was released a couple of days ago.

And for question about swapgate i must direct you all to the swapgate forum. Its there for a reason, to keep this forum seperated from Swapgate.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@27 February 2004 - 19:37
    You can go to the SwapGate Forums for any news, and I think there might be a new version out maybe in a few days' time.
    There is a new version out now...