Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying Non-sharers

Anyone have any idea how I can prevent, block, destroy those who download from me but don't share? I'm tired of people who don't share downloading from me.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Filesharinghelp.com
    And how do you know for sure they arent sharing?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    When I use the "Find More From Same User" I get "Search Finished Without Any Result"

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by 2evil4u@27 February 2004 - 23:27
    When I use the "Find More From Same User" I get "Search Finished Without Any Result"
    Kazaa lite has an option which stops others from seeing a list of there shared files, this is turned on by default.
    It's to stop people getting multiable breaches of copyright infringement in one hit, people can still download from them but not see there files except in normal search...

I dont personally use kazaa anymore because it's crap but you'll find other programs like overnet also have this option....

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Thanks for the info.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Yes, so if you get proof we will launch the lynch mob!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    (repeat by mistake - see below)
    "Our greatest accomplishment in life is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    You know what... just take a chill pill . There may be some who don't share, but there are quite a few who do.. There are millions of files here and they got here somehow. It is courteous to share but don't get so worked up about it if you get suspicious about uploaders not sharing. I don't even pay attention to those uploading from me... it doesn't really matter and it really isn't worth the time to check on each and every one "uploader" to see if they are sharing anything. No offense, but for me to try to "cut off" or even search members uploading from me to make sure they are sharing files would be immature and childish.
    Don't forget, some may be new members who don't have anything in their shared files yet or some may have needed to clean out some files to save space on their computer for those that don't have much space on their hard drive.
    "Our greatest accomplishment in life is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    HeavyMetal50Cal
    I really like this feature. When I get a DL of decent speed from someone, I like to look to see if they have anything else I might like. I can try other types of music that I may not have heard before. When I see someone DL'ing at a hi speed, I will check for their list also. Without this option I can only assume the people that are DL'ing from me are not sharing.

Everyone should show their list.[B]

As far as copyright laws, once these suits get to the Supreme Count they will likely be dismissed. If they follow the suites that were filed against people recording music off of the radio using cassettes. Basically they said it is legal to make a music copy (ie: for yourself), as long as you are not selling them. They also decided the samething for VHS and Beta tapes. Under an agreement with the music and motion picture industries, the cassette and video tape manufactures agreed to give a percentage of each sell to them. This help's them to recoup monies they would have made from the sale of their product.

I see the CD and DVD manufactures doing the same once the music and movie industries go after them.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I really like this feature. When I get a DL of decent speed from someone, I like to look to see if they have anything else I might like. I can try other types of music that I may not have heard before. When I see someone DL'ing at a hi speed, I will check for their list also. Without this option I can only assume the people that are DL'ing from me are not sharing.
    Well you can do all that on Soulseek. And yes, I check everyone in my upload queue to see if they're sharing, and if they're not, I ban them before they even get one single byte!! In my Shared Folder I have a warning at the top saying that people will be banned if they don't share, so if they still disobey me, I will ban them without question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast